Quantcast

1.0.3 release...

123

1.0.3 release...

diiz
I think it's time to do a 1.0.3 release, particularly since there's a
whole page of stuff in 1.0 branch after 1.0.2, which includes a
backported SF2 fix.

The version numbers have to be updated in the branch, after which we'd
need windows builds done... and source tarballs, do we still host those?
And this might be also a time to consider if we should add that .deb
package on the site.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
> and source tarballs, do we still host those?

Yes, historically Toby seems to provide a tarball copy for each official release, probably for snapshot purposes as the tarballs seem to still be favored for many distribution types.

If Toby's not available for some reason I can provide the win32 installers and we have a few people capable of updating the site components.

-Tres

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Vesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think it's time to do a 1.0.3 release, particularly since there's a
whole page of stuff in 1.0 branch after 1.0.2, which includes a
backported SF2 fix.

The version numbers have to be updated in the branch, after which we'd
need windows builds done... and source tarballs, do we still host those?
And this might be also a time to consider if we should add that .deb
package on the site.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tobias Doerffel-2

> The version numbers have to be updated in the branch, after which we'd
> need windows builds done... and source tarballs, do we still host those?

Yes, that's what we used to do. I did this by running cmake in-tree on
a fresh git clone and run "make dist" afterwards.

About the Windows builds: if you follow the described procedure for
building the Win32/Win64 NSIS installers, everything should be fine
and the files provided by Tres should work for this.

Toby

Re: 1.0.3 release...

diiz
On 07/03/2014 12:55 AM, Tobias Doerffel wrote:

> Hi,

>> The version numbers have to be updated in the branch, after which we'd
>> need windows builds done... and source tarballs, do we still host those?
> Yes, that's what we used to do. I did this by running cmake in-tree on
> a fresh git clone and run "make dist" afterwards.
>
> About the Windows builds: if you follow the described procedure for
> building the Win32/Win64 NSIS installers, everything should be fine
> and the files provided by Tres should work for this.

Speaking of releases, while I'm on the subject... We should also get a
RC release done of the 1.1 branch.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

diiz
Also, Tres: the 1.0 branch has been bumped up to 1.0.3, it's ready for
the windows builds. I can whip up some kind of changelog later.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
Here are the installers.  Testers, please uninstall the old version prior to installing the new version.  This may suffer regression of #892 for XP users which is planned to be corrected in 1.1.  I haven't tested these myself so please let me know right away if there are problems.

Please post test results in this email thread.

32-bit:

64-bit:

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Vesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also, Tres: the 1.0 branch has been bumped up to 1.0.3, it's ready for
the windows builds. I can whip up some kind of changelog later.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
Before testing these, it appears these have the Zyn GUI hard crash problem that surfaced in my 1.0.9x installers.  I can patch CMakeFiles.txt to circumvent it like we did in the stable-1.1 branch but I'm concerned why this doesn't happen for Toby's installers.

Toby, any idea?

-Tres

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here are the installers.  Testers, please uninstall the old version prior to installing the new version.  This may suffer regression of #892 for XP users which is planned to be corrected in 1.1.  I haven't tested these myself so please let me know right away if there are problems.

Please post test results in this email thread.

32-bit:

64-bit:

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Vesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also, Tres: the 1.0 branch has been bumped up to 1.0.3, it's ready for
the windows builds. I can whip up some kind of changelog later.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
Sorry for the multiple emails, here's the fixed version:

@Vesa, as far as the changelog, these are the only changes I can find for 1.0.3.  Let me know if I missed something.
  • Fixed SF2 velocity/panning bug
  • Updated translations (Italian, German)
  • Added lib64 to LADSPA search paths (Linux)
  • (There is some Apple compat stuff but I don't think that's worth mentioning yet)

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

musikbear
winXP 32
1.3 is suposed to have old FX-mixer -Right?
The zasfx bug #892 is ok here, but that would be expected, because it is not the updated zasfx
#704 persists (also expected, as this is same version as with #704)

What exactly does we need to know else from XP tests?
Currently im working on wit's, and im not sure this regression version has newest updated, so i like to go back to 0.91

The SF2 is not ok
http://snag.gy/5vaOC.jpg

These are the same notes from SF2 general-user and 3oc default

Panning in sf2 is extremely minute/ no existing - Actually, i cant hear it with my ears, but it is slightly different in a wave-scan.

If there is something that especially should be xp tested in this 1.03, please let me know asap

Re: 1.0.3 release...

musikbear
and just to compare
This
http://snag.gy/DMGMV.jpg
is SF2 panning of general-user using the diel in song-editor - Here its perfect, in contast to piano-roll-stick-bars :/
*c**p*

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Did you uninstall the old version first?  Strange things can happen (i.e Monstro and Watsyn showing up) if you don't.  This is something we should seriously consider addressing from the NSIS installer (check for other versions, force user to uninstall) because overwriting one installation with another removes the list of DLLs and they never get removed meaning the quickest way to properly cleanup the installation is to run the uninstaller and also delete the Program Files/LMMS directory.

That said, thanks kindly for the testing.  I'm having a hard time decoding some of your tear results.  Can you clarify you are working from a clean slate and bullet out the fixes you have tested?

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro

And yes, 1.0.3 = old FX mixer, old Zyn version.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

musikbear
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
Did you uninstall the old version first?...
...Can you clarify you are working from a clean
slate and bullet out the fixes you have tested?
Yes i have uninstalled everything before install of 1.0.3, and there is only 'old' installation-items in the folders (eg no monstro etc.)
So this is a clean install form the file you have uploaded. In a clean lbrary
Im sensirely sorry if i have written something that is hard to understand -If you can remember what it was i will clearyfy, ofcause.
-And if you want me to test something else on this release, just let me know :D

I have only tested Fixed SF2 velocity/panning bug (failed)
And the two zasfx issues referenced above

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro

So ZASFX is as good as it is going to get and SF2 is not fixed.  Got it.

I believe Vesa committed that patch so perhaps we should reopen the bug report and discuss there.

Please continue to test and report any anomalies.  I'm mostly concerned with Win32 because we need to vet out these strange bugs now so that the win32 builds by the community are just as reliable as those we are use to.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

musikbear
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
Please continue to test and report any anomalies.  I'm mostly concerned
with Win32 because we need to vet out these strange bugs now so that the
win32 builds by the community are just as reliable as those we are use to.
Ok, i will then work on a 'mockup project' with 1.0.3, and if i get fails, il report them.

Re: 1.0.3 release...

musikbear
added 8 new issues to gitHub, for 103 on xp - most are very minor, glitches - a few annying or odd. Those odds should be killed, before release.
I have been through 'most' -not all yet, -specifically not all instruments, but they come next
I have a complete test-scheme for everything- want it?

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
Almost all of these are long standing issues.  Which ones do you think need to be "killed" before release?

Furthermore, most of these are general usability improvements and consistancy recommendations with the Piano Roll and Song Editor which could probably be lumped into a single enhancement request.

I personally don't find any of these as being related specifically to the 1.0.3 release.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
added 8 new issues to gitHub, for 103 on xp - most are /very minor,/ glitches
- a few annying or odd. Those odds should be killed, before release.
I have been through 'most' -not all yet, -specifically not all instruments,
but they come next
I have a complete test-scheme for everything- want it?

Re: 1.0.3 release...

musikbear
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
Almost all of these are long standing issues.  Which ones do you think need
to be "killed" before release?
The only ones i think is annoying and could confure user is
ctrl+LMB does not change pencil to fast-select (as in Piano-roll)
and
Using sh+LMB as MID-mouse for those who does not have a middle-mouse
What absolute must not happend, is that some of these are fixed, and then apear again in 1.1 -

Tres Finocchiaro wrote
I personally don't find any of these as being related specifically to the
1.0.3 release.
absolutely true, the conclusion (before im through with all instruments) -is that xp-bit32 wise 103 looks fine.

The weirdnes-file..  Does it do that for you too?

Re: 1.0.3 release...

Tres Finocchiaro
The weirdnes-file..  Does it do that for you too?

No, per the bug report, I was unable to reproduce.

What absolute must /not/ happend, is that some of these are fixed, and then
apear again in 1.1 -

This could be said about any 1.0.x patch.  Vesa and Toby are pretty good about bringing patches upstream.

123