Audio/FOSS Conferences

Tres Finocchiaro
Wanted to start a thread that can be bumped at any time for notification of upcoming audio or open source software conferences which may be of interest to the lmms-devel team.

Nov 3, Nov 4 2016,  London, UK
Audio Developer Conference (JUCE)

We've had LMMS developers and users apply and be accepted as speakers to conferences in the past, such as Amadeus Folego speaking at FISL in 2015.

Also there are several community members that meet or speak at the LAC or now "miniLAC".

Personally, I've never attended any of these although I'd much like to, so I figured I'd start a thread.

Best regards,

Re: Audio/FOSS Conferences

Lucas Zawacki
FISL17 (http://softwarelivre.org/fisl17?lang=en) is happening from July 13th to 16th and I'll be there with a kind of hackaton to create free/open resources for art and music. If anyone wants to meet during the event or participate in the workshop please get in touch :)

There was some talk of having the next LAC in Brazil, next year I think? If this happens I'll probably be the first in line there.

I don't mean to hijack this thread since I'm not a an LMMS developer (I'm the creator of http://musical-artifacts.com) , but I've been interested in learning about LMMS and contributing (especially interested in the sharing platform). I just don't have too much free time right now so I mostly lurk this list.

Cheers,
Lucas

Re: Audio/FOSS Conferences

Louigi Verona
Hey everyone!

miniLAC happened this year only because regular LAC did not work out. There are hopes that in 2017 there would be a regular LAC. I think an LMMS representative has got to be there and I always was sad that LMMS was not part of the conversation at LAC. LMMS is one of the few all-in-one sequencers and talking to the modular world of Linux Audio, in my view, would be very beneficial.

You can meet many Linux Audio gurus there. Three years ago, for example, the author of Pure Data was there and gave a great talk.

Anyway, I would plan for LAC, definitely.