Quantcast

Best of LMMS competition v2

Stian Jørgensrud
Just want to say that it's https://soundcloud.com/groups/the-best-of-lmms-competition-v2

Is it sufficient with this mail or should I file a "bug" on github too :) Just kidding.

Re: Best of LMMS competition v2

Amadeus Folego
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 02:32:16PM -0700, Stian Jørgensrud wrote:
> Just want to say that it's
> https://soundcloud.com/groups/the-best-of-lmms-competition-v2
>
> Is it sufficient with this mail or should I file a "bug" on github too :)
> Just kidding.

Nice initiative!

Really excited in following this up.

Re: Best of LMMS competition v2

Chrissy McManus
I have been kind of neglecting LMMS lately, but this competition is maybe just what I need to start using it again. It is obviously tempting to use external instruments mainly vst e.g Synth1, but I am going to make this strictly inside LMMS, ( well I could possibly resort to using the "Carla" plugin ( sorry linux only at the moment folks ), but I believe LMMS has all the tools to make great songs.
Big thanks to all the Devs who are working really hard to make LMMS a big contender in the music game, and I know that someday it will be!!!

thanks Mikobuntu ;)

Re: Best of LMMS competition v2

Thomas Tootill
Are samples permitted, or is this a built-in-synth only competition?

On 28 February 2015 at 21:55, Chrissy McManus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been kind of neglecting LMMS lately, but this competition is maybe just what I need to start using it again. It is obviously tempting to use external instruments mainly vst e.g Synth1, but I am going to make this strictly inside LMMS, ( well I could possibly resort to using the "Carla" plugin ( sorry linux only at the moment folks ), but I believe LMMS has all the tools to make great songs.
Big thanks to all the Devs who are working really hard to make LMMS a big contender in the music game, and I know that someday it will be!!!

thanks Mikobuntu ;)

Re: Best of LMMS competition v2

Tres Finocchiaro
Are samples permitted, or is this a built-in-synth only competition?

Yes, you may use 3rd party samples and plugins.  This includes but not limited to OGG, WAV, SF2, VST, GIG, etc.

-Tres

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Tootill <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are samples permitted, or is this a built-in-synth only competition?

On 28 February 2015 at 21:55, Chrissy McManus <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been kind of neglecting LMMS lately, but this competition is maybe just what I need to start using it again. It is obviously tempting to use external instruments mainly vst e.g Synth1, but I am going to make this strictly inside LMMS, ( well I could possibly resort to using the "Carla" plugin ( sorry linux only at the moment folks ), but I believe LMMS has all the tools to make great songs.
Big thanks to all the Devs who are working really hard to make LMMS a big contender in the music game, and I know that someday it will be!!!

thanks Mikobuntu ;)

Re: Best of LMMS competition v2

Stian Jørgensrud
Thomas Tootill wrote
Are samples permitted, or is this a built-in-synth only competition?
And VSTs and other external plugins and effects as well! As long as you have made your song in LMMS (mostly) it's fine.