Best of LMMS competition v3

Uroš Maravić

It’s that time of the year again: If you have made amazing tracks with LMMS we have a contest for you! The Best of LMMS contest is back!  The compilation aims to inspire new users and everyone to create music. The compilation will be uploaded to Bandcamp and all profit will be donated for the further development of LMMS. Submit your track before midnight on March 16th (UTC time), and find details about the contest on the Soundcloud group:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/the-best-of-lmms-competition-v3

Competition rules:

1. The Deadline.

The tracks must be submitted by March 16th 0:00 UTC. The tracks can be of any genre, preferably under 10 minutes. The track must be produced in LMMS, but it is allowed to use some other software (Audacity, Ardour etc.) for post mixing/mastering.

2. The tracks.

All submissions will be handled via SoundCloud using the dedicated group. You can submit a maximum of two tracks. You  may submit previously released tracks, but not tracks that were in the previous Best of LMMS albums. Remixes are not allowed. A collaboration between a judge and yourself is not allowed.

3. The Judges

The jury consists of:

  • Zach Henderson

  • Second Flight

  • Umcaruje

  • Greippi

  • Tres Finnochiaro

  • Abludo

3. The Judging Process

After the deadline, the judges will make their decisions and release the results within next 14  days.

4. Release

The compilation will be released on a dedicated LMMS artists Bandcamp with the price of “Pay what you want”. All the received funds will be donated for further development of LMMS, the program that we love.

-Uroš|Umcaruje

Best regards
Uroš

Re: Best of LMMS competition v3

Uroš Maravić
>the track must be produced using only LMMS built-in samples/instruments/plugins, or can I use 3rd party ones? If so, should I use only FLOSS/CC ones or can I use proprietary ones I legally own/have a license to?

The only condition is that you use LMMS to produce your track. You can use external plugins and samples, and it doesn't matter how they are licensed. You can also use some other software (such as ardour, audacity, reaper, bitwig) to do post mixing/mastering on your song.

Should I cede my rights to the track or just a permissive CC license is enough?

Either way is fine, if you get into the album, you'll need to agree on putting your track up on bandcamp. The album will be available for free (pay what you want) and all recieved funds will be donated to LMMS.

-Uroš|Umcaruje

On 18 February 2016 at 06:22, Cláudio Pinheiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Some simple questions: the track must be produced using only LMMS built-in samples/instruments/plugins, or can I use 3rd party ones? If so, should I use only FLOSS/CC ones or can I use proprietary ones I legally own/have a license to? Should I cede my rights to the track or just a permissive CC license is enough?

Best regards
Uroš

Re: Best of LMMS competition v3

Uroš Maravić
Due to the amazing submissions we received for Best of LMMS vol.3, we want to announce that we couldn't pick a winner. So, we decided that you are all winners. Everyone gets first place! To celebrate that, we give each of the 161 submitters a medal! Congratulations!

-Uroš|Umcaruje

Best regards
Uroš

Re: Best of LMMS competition v3

Uroš Maravić
Hello everyone! We are proud to announce the results of this year's Best of LMMS contest. Thanks to everyone who participated, and congratulations to the winners! We are gathering the lossless sound files from the winners, and will announce the release date soon.

In the meantime you may listen to the winners and the honorable mentions here:

Winners, ranked by score:

1. Stakeout Punch – Desolate
2. KWAK & LocoMatt – $wagBoy
3. Sti-Jay – Summer Party
4. hai – Superfont
5. Fastigium – City At Night
6. T0NIT0 RMX – Beyond The Limits
7. Histakes – Nebulae
8. caLRo – Warm Glow
9. Hashhakaj Kamaluden – Mystery Of The Blues SF
10. Milymus – Waltz of Crisis
11. WaterNode – A Rainy Night At The Pub
12. Ckrown – The Origins
13. jaehl – Caribbean Flavor
14. NoiseTacticz – Musical Mastermind
15. Jacoby Davis – Lux
16. Jernemies – I began from a village theme
17. Strigen – Appeal To Reason
18. gdd7171 – Space Rain
19. Cubiicle – Through The Stars
20. MSL – Jukeboxer
21. Simone Iervasi – KRAKEN
22. Lockdown_Music – Nightmares About Ghosts
23. xrri – Odyssey
24. GoAm – Second Try
25. Arsanthania – Desolate Station

Honorable mentions:

26. 9CaptainCow9 – 12:34
27. Nesdood007 – The Apocalypse
28. Deeptone Overdose – Darkness
29. Joshua Johnson – Exquisite Chrysalis
30. RetroCompute – Midnight Ride
31. Camerican – Crown Vic

-Uroš|Umcaruje