Building lmms debug

midi-pascal
Hi all,

I try to build lmms (master branch) with debug info under Linux (Ubuntu)
but I cannot find any cmake option to replace the compiler flag "-O3" by
"-g" in the generated Makefiles.

Is there a simple way to achieve this or do I have to edit the CXXFLAGS
manually in the generated Makefiles?

I tried to add CXXFLAGS=-g in the environnement before calling cmake
with no effect on the results.

Does someone have a hint?

Regards,
midi-pascal

Re: Building lmms debug

Lukas W.

You should be able to do this by invoking Cmake with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG

Am 20.04.2015 18:26 schrieb "midi-pascal" <[hidden email]>:
Hi all,

I try to build lmms (master branch) with debug info under Linux (Ubuntu)
but I cannot find any cmake option to replace the compiler flag "-O3" by
"-g" in the generated Makefiles.

Is there a simple way to achieve this or do I have to edit the CXXFLAGS
manually in the generated Makefiles?

I tried to add CXXFLAGS=-g in the environnement before calling cmake
with no effect on the results.

Does someone have a hint?

Regards,
midi-pascal

Re: Building lmms debug

midi-pascal
It works!
I dug a lot to solve this myself but the answer was probably too simple...

Thanks a lot Lukas.
midi-pascal

On 15-04-20 12:48 PM, Lukas W. wrote:

You should be able to do this by invoking Cmake with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG

Am 20.04.2015 18:26 schrieb "midi-pascal" <[hidden email]>:
Hi all,

I try to build lmms (master branch) with debug info under Linux (Ubuntu)
but I cannot find any cmake option to replace the compiler flag "-O3" by
"-g" in the generated Makefiles.

Is there a simple way to achieve this or do I have to edit the CXXFLAGS
manually in the generated Makefiles?

I tried to add CXXFLAGS=-g in the environnement before calling cmake
with no effect on the results.

Does someone have a hint?

Regards,
midi-pascal

Re: Building lmms debug

midi-pascal
Good move Tres!

I suppose I am not the first one who ask for this :-)

If this information was on the wiki before I had never asked.

Kind regards,
midi-pascal

On 15-04-20 01:58 PM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
[...]

Amadeus Folego
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 05:39:34PM -0400, midi-pascal wrote:
> Good move Tres!
>
> I suppose I am not the first one who ask for this :-)

Indeed: http://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/mailman/message/33199338/

Thanks for the change Tres!