CMakeLists in Ubuntu wily

Israel-28
Hi everyone,
I have been trying to get lmms 1.1.3 into Ubuntu Wily, with the separate
VST package, but we are having issues with CMake.
Timo and I have been commenting about this:
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/ubuntu/wily/lmms/lmms/+merge/266928

My guess is that CMake
3.3.X is not handling things correctly in Ubuntu wily.
Your CMakeLists looks for:
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.5)
So there obviously has been many changes since then.
Does it work for anyone to use the latest 3.3.X version of cmake in
their own environments?

The other issue we might face is the newer gcc version.....

But the errors we have found have been related to Cmake thus far.

Initially cmake could not find FLUID, even though I include the fluid
binary as part of the build depends (in the debian packaging) and it
does exist in the build environment in the usual place (/usr/bin/fluid)
Here is what Timo did to force it to find Fluid:

FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK REQUIRED)
+
++SET(FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE "/usr/bin/fluid")
+ IF(MINGW_PREFIX)
+ SET(FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE "${MINGW_PREFIX}/bin/fluid")
+ ENDIF()

After this is fails at

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4654: recipe for target 'plugins/LadspaEffect/swh/CMakeFiles/hermes_filter_1200.dir/all' failed

And other plugins fail as well.
So... anyone have any suggestions for this?

--
Regards

Re: CMakeLists in Ubuntu wily

Tres Finocchiaro
@Israel,

These things are way easier to track on our bug tracker and I believe we already have the bug report ready for you here:

In regards to the CMake problems, it could be a culprit.  These are the versions we currently build against:

Ubuntu 12.04:
  • CMake 2.8.7 (from Canonical)
OSX 10.7:
  • CMake 3.0.2 (from MacPorts)
OSX 10.10:
  • CMake 3.2.2 (from Homebrew)

Windows 7 x64:
  • CMake 3.2.3 (from MSYS2)
So, yes, 3.3 is mostly uncharted territory so we'll have to work through the bugs.

The fastest way to do this is to have a developer such as myself, @Lukas-W or @Umcaruje that is familiar with working out CMake bugs to fix it upstream so that you don't have to.  We would likely target the master branch (it has diverged quite a bit from stable-1.3) but we could easily patch the stable branch afterward if needed.

So for now, I suggest we start dialog on the bug tracker in #1620 where we'll be able to easily track the progress of this without reading through email archives.  Not sure if you have a GitHub account, but if not, now's the time to hop aboard.

That said, thanks for taking charge with the Ubuntu packaging and we're happy to work with you to get it working again.

-Tres

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Israel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Tres,
Yeah, Debian's packager has been completely unresponsive these past few months... or however long it has been since he updated it to 1.0.0
So, I decided I needed to bump it up for everyone else to use.

I will comment on github thank you!