Quantcast

Configuration file as argument

midi-pascal
Since I use  various versions of Lmms on the same box for development
purpose, I needed different lmmsrc.xml files for different versions.
I implemented a new command-line parameter to specify the resource file
to use.

The default stays, well, the default ~.lmmsrc.xml file but the command
line -c or --config allow to overwrite it.

If this is of some interest to the community I can open an issue for it
and submit a PR.

By the way, in master branch the --help is missing some already existing
--geometry
--import
--profile

Feedback is welcome.

Re: Configuration file as argument

Uroš Maravić
Since I use  various versions of Lmms on the same box for development
purpose, I needed different lmmsrc.xml files for different versions.
I implemented a new command-line parameter to specify the resource file
to use.
The default stays, well, the default ~.lmmsrc.xml file but the command
line -c or --config allow to overwrite it.
If this is of some interest to the community I can open an issue for it
and submit a PR.

Yes, please, you would make my life a lot easier if you make that PR :)

-Uroš|Umcaruje

Best regards
Uroš

Re: Configuration file as argument

musikbear
just want to see if i understand - will this allow one to have several different LMMS installed on same pc, and let me open f.i. one that is only for test-usage, without interfering with a proper 1.1.3
That would be interesting!

Re: Configuration file as argument

midi-pascal
Yes you understand.

Presently I can run 1.1.3, master and other intermediate versions on the
same box for development, bug fixes and entertainment.
Since I was tired to scrap my ~/.lmmsrc.xml each time I start a
different version - and worse: various paths pointing to the wrong
directories - I decided to make the config file selectable with a
command-line option.
I used this for a while now and got no more configuration problems.