Coverity code scanning

Jonathan Aquilina
Hey guys,

I am wondering to help us find issues as well as improve the over all code quality.

What do you guys think of using https://scan.coverity.com/

here are some FAQ's

https://scan.coverity.com/faq

It is free to use and could prove to be rather useful.

--
Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Coverity code scanning

Tres Finocchiaro
Thanks for sharing that service looks very useful.

On a side note,

Jonathan,

Mind if I be frank?  If you spent half the amount of time on working on what you commit to rather than bolstering time wasting questions... then perhaps this project would be a bit closer to some actual goals.

In your career you will always find green grass on the other side of the fence and it will always look greener from where you are standing.

You are a project maintainer.
What do you have to show for it?

We have people lined up that would be honored to have your project access.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I am wondering to help us find issues as well as improve the over all code quality.

What do you guys think of using https://scan.coverity.com/

here are some FAQ's

https://scan.coverity.com/faq

It is free to use and could prove to be rather useful.

--
Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Coverity code scanning

Raine M. Ekman
Quoting Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks for sharing that service looks very useful.

I thought cppcheck had been mentioned here on the list or on the issue
tracker at some point, but looks like maybe it wasn't. In short:

$ sudo apt-get install cppcheck
$ cd $LMMS_SRC
$ cppcheck -j2 --force src include plugins 2>$REPORT
$ cat $REPORT
[plugins/Eq/EqParameterWidget.cpp:237]: (error) Mismatching allocation
and deallocation: distanceToHandles
[plugins/LadspaEffect/tap/tap_dynamics_m.c:232]: (error) Memory leak: ptr
[plugins/LadspaEffect/tap/tap_dynamics_m.c:235]: (error) Memory leak: rms
[plugins/LadspaEffect/tap/tap_dynamics_st.c:256]: (error) Memory leak: ptr
[plugins/LadspaEffect/tap/tap_dynamics_st.c:258]: (error) Memory leak: rms_L
[plugins/LadspaEffect/tap/tap_dynamics_st.c:261]: (error) Memory leak: rms_R
[plugins/vst_base/basename.c:132]: (error) Common realloc mistake:
'retfail' nulled but not freed upon failure
[src/core/audio/AudioFileOgg.cpp:123]: (error) Memory leak: user_comments

More checks can be enabled if needed.

softrabbit on #lmms

Re: Coverity code scanning

Dave French

Never used cppcheck before. Im liking that