Quantcast

FX-Mixer VU meter

LocoMatt
Hello, I see this (bug?) since im using LMMS (0.4.15 I think it's older issue). So when I add any instrument to FX channel and when I play song most of time VU is full (sound isn't loud), that think don't help with setting instrument volume. In my oppinion there should be smaller amplification for this. This thing is most annoying in LMMS.
@offtop
Are we going to see dB scale in LMMS? It'll be very helpfull too :)

Re: FX-Mixer VU meter

diiz
On 03/05/2014 08:13 PM, LocoMatt wrote:
> Hello, I see this (bug?) since im using LMMS (0.4.15 I think it's older
> issue). So when I add any instrument to FX channel and when I play song most
> of time VU is full (sound isn't loud), that think don't help with setting
> instrument volume. In my oppinion there should be smaller amplification for
> this. This thing is most annoying in LMMS.
> @offtop
> Are we going to see dB scale in LMMS? It'll be very helpfull too :)

Not a bug. Look for some youtube tutorials on using compressors and
limiters. What you're describing is probably caused by wave stacking,
and can be dealt with with compressors. This isn't specific to LMMS,
this is common to every DAW.

Also note that the VU meters just show the sound internal to LMMS. If
you've set your system volume low, the output will not sound loud even
if inside LMMS the signal is loud. The system volume is kind of like a
post-amp, LMMS doesn't care about it (nor should it), just like LMMS
doesn't care about any physical post-amp you might have connected to
your computer's audio output.

We also already have dB scales in LMMS, you just have to enable them in
the settings.