Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

David Gerard-2
I EQ every track so I can do the mixing in LMMS. But doing it with the
knobs is a goshdarn nuisance.

What I would really like: draw-your-graph EQ, like in Audacity
(Generate->Equalization).

I'd say use theirs, except they're GTK+ not Qt ... Is there a GTK+
open source project with such a widget that LMMS could use?

- d.

Re: Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

Tres Finocchiaro
@Dave,

Does @curlymorphic's EQ do the job?

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
I EQ every track so I can do the mixing in LMMS. But doing it with the
knobs is a goshdarn nuisance.

What I would really like: draw-your-graph EQ, like in Audacity
(Generate->Equalization).

I'd say use theirs, except they're GTK+ not Qt ... Is there a GTK+
open source project with such a widget that LMMS could use?

- d.

Re: Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

David Gerard-2
That looks pretty good (I just compiled master to have a look), though
it's not quite what I mean. Look at the Audacity one and you'll see
what I mean: it's really, really simple and obvious. You can literally
draw your graph.
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/equalization.html

- d.

On 7 June 2015 at 17:28, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> @Dave,
>
> Does @curlymorphic's EQ do the job?
>
> Per:  https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1376#issuecomment-66907732
>
> - [hidden email]
>
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I EQ every track so I can do the mixing in LMMS. But doing it with the
>> knobs is a goshdarn nuisance.
>>
>> What I would really like: draw-your-graph EQ, like in Audacity
>> (Generate->Equalization).
>>
>> I'd say use theirs, except they're GTK+ not Qt ... Is there a GTK+
>> open source project with such a widget that LMMS could use?
>>

>> - d.

Re: Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

Tobiasz Karoń

That might be very cool. I don't know the internal workings of Audacity's EQ, but we already have wavetable hand-drawing widget, right?

---
Tobiasz Karoń
http://soundcloud.com/unfa

On 7 Jun 2015 19:46, "David Gerard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
That looks pretty good (I just compiled master to have a look), though
it's not quite what I mean. Look at the Audacity one and you'll see
what I mean: it's really, really simple and obvious. You can literally
draw your graph.
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/equalization.html

- d.

On 7 June 2015 at 17:28, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> @Dave,
>
> Does @curlymorphic's EQ do the job?
>
> Per:  https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1376#issuecomment-66907732
>
> - [hidden email]
>
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 12:20 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I EQ every track so I can do the mixing in LMMS. But doing it with the
>> knobs is a goshdarn nuisance.
>>
>> What I would really like: draw-your-graph EQ, like in Audacity
>> (Generate->Equalization).
>>
>> I'd say use theirs, except they're GTK+ not Qt ... Is there a GTK+
>> open source project with such a widget that LMMS could use?
>>

>> - d.

Re: Feature I would love: draw-your-graph EQ

David Gerard-2
It's basically a 1/3-octave graphic equalizer, but it presents its
result as a curve (and you can draw the curve).

I went to draw a curve with the LMMS 1.2 equalizer and couldn't work
out how - is there a way? (I looked on the wiki and couldn't see a
guide as yet.)