French translation

Stephane Thomas-3
Hi,

I've not finished yet but a lots of items are translated.

I don't know how to translate some technical words like "gate", "tact",
and i guess some words like "sustain" must remain in english...

I'll hope to finish soon, when will you release the next version of
LMMS ?

fr.ts file joined.
--
Stephane Thomas <[hidden email]>

fr.ts (61K) Download Attachment

Re: French translation

Tobias Doerffel-2
Am Dienstag, 13. September 2005 17:15 schrieb Stephane Thomas:
> Hi,
>
> I've not finished yet but a lots of items are translated.
thank you.

> I don't know how to translate some technical words like "gate", "tact",
> and i guess some words like "sustain" must remain in english...
yes, if unsure keep them in english, thats better than a confusing translation
that has nothing to do with the thing actually meant ;-)

> I'll hope to finish soon, when will you release the next version of
> LMMS ?
actually this week... so I sent you an updated version of fr.ts which you can
edit and add/edit new/changed strings. please do this as soon as possible,
otherwise I cannot include the newest French translation...

> fr.ts file joined.
attached it too ;-)

toby

fr.ts (59K) Download Attachment

Re: French translation

danny mcrae
--- Stephane Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't know how to translate some technical words
> like "gate", "tact", and i guess some words like
> "sustain" must remain in english...

According to the multi-lingual dictionary of musical
terms at:

http://www.cadenza.org/glossary/

I think "tact" would be translated to French as
"mesure".  That's assuming that "tact" auf Deutsch ist
"Takt".

Danny