Hello

B Bryan
Hi all,

I am a software engineer and sometime sound engineer who has been using and following LMMS for some time, and have been working on a lot of C/C++ DSP code in my day job of late.  I also have experience doing GUI engineering in multiple languages, and have an interest in contributing to LMMS.  I plan on looking through the bug list to find things to work on, but wanted to introduce myself, and to see if there are particular areas that I should avoid, focus on, etc, other than just looking through the current issues list.

Thanks all, and I look forward to contributing what I can!

Thanks,
Ben Bryan

Re: Hello

Tobiasz Karoń

Hi, B Bryan!

It's fantastic to see you here, because LMMS is in a big need for developers, and you with your DSP and GUI experience can do a lot to push it forward, making the dreams of many come true :) No kidding!

Welcome aboard!

On 11 Apr 2015 06:28, "B Bryan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am a software engineer and sometime sound engineer who has been using and following LMMS for some time, and have been working on a lot of C/C++ DSP code in my day job of late.  I also have experience doing GUI engineering in multiple languages, and have an interest in contributing to LMMS.  I plan on looking through the bug list to find things to work on, but wanted to introduce myself, and to see if there are particular areas that I should avoid, focus on, etc, other than just looking through the current issues list.

Thanks all, and I look forward to contributing what I can!

Thanks,
Ben Bryan

Re: Hello

@Ben,

Thanks for introducing yourself and kindly offering your expertise.

We certainly need help in areas that you've mentioned as having experience with.

As far as were to help, our 1.2 milestone is a good place to start looking:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.2.0

If unsure, just ask in a bug report and we'll try to provide status.

As far as code approval, we are a bit behind on approving pull requests, but that should be cleaned within a few weeks -- assuming some of our key developers have time.

In terms of DSP and UI, we have quite a demand in both areas, most of which should become apparent as you dig into the code and our tracker.

Welcome!  :)