Quantcast

LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2
Hi,

LMMS 1.0.1 just has been released - see
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/tag/v1.0.1 for details.

Files can be downloaded at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/files/lmms/1.0.1/

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Stian Jørgensrud
Well that's freaking surprising

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Stian Jørgensrud
Will Ubuntu have to wait a long time on this one too? I feel bad when posting to FB that a new version is out, but not for Ubuntu :/

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2
Hi,

it's a good chance for the SRU as Israel (or whoever ;-) can use the
official 1.0.1 source tarball without having the versioning issues
with 1.0.0. However I don't know when things will be ready. IMHO you
can still post it on FB in the meanwhile.

Thanks

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Johannes Lorenz

> LMMS 1.0.1 just has been released
Thanks first of all!

I tried the current master branch today, but the logscale behaviour does not
seem to be working (it's still linear). Though the patch's code is actually
in.

Were there any problems with the patch, or did you turn it off for some
reason?

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

diiz
On 04/30/2014 09:10 PM, Johannes Lorenz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> LMMS 1.0.1 just has been released
> Thanks first of all!
>
> I tried the current master branch today, but the logscale behaviour does not
> seem to be working (it's still linear). Though the patch's code is actually
> in.

Doesn't it need to be turned on in the individual knobs? I don't think
it should make all the knobs everywhere logarithmic...

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Johannes Lorenz
> > I tried the current master branch today, but the logscale behaviour does
> > not seem to be working (it's still linear). Though the patch's code is
> > actually in.
>
> Doesn't it need to be turned on in the individual knobs? I don't think
> it should make all the knobs everywhere logarithmic...

At least I can not find such a control to turn them on. It was also not
planned that way in the patch, the idea was to guess the correct behaviour.
E.g. LADSPA has the logarithmic flag.

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2

> Were there any problems with the patch, or did you turn it off for some
> reason?

No, I didn't change anything.

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Johannes Lorenz
> No you're misunderstanding me. The knob itself can't "guess" it, we'd
> need code in whatever code is using the knob to define the knob as a
> "logarithmic" knob. LADSPA plugin has code for "guessing" when a knob is
> logarithmic, but the LADSPA plugin host itself would then need to define
> those knobs as logarithmic. They can't just turn logarithmic on their
> own, right?

The LadspaControl class sets the property for all its models, depending on
what ladspa suggests. See

  ../src/core/LadspaControl.cpp

So yes, they should be turned on "automatically".

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

diiz
On 04/30/2014 11:40 PM, Johannes Lorenz wrote:

>> No you're misunderstanding me. The knob itself can't "guess" it, we'd
>> need code in whatever code is using the knob to define the knob as a
>> "logarithmic" knob. LADSPA plugin has code for "guessing" when a knob is
>> logarithmic, but the LADSPA plugin host itself would then need to define
>> those knobs as logarithmic. They can't just turn logarithmic on their
>> own, right?
> The LadspaControl class sets the property for all its models, depending on
> what ladspa suggests. See
>
>   ../src/core/LadspaControl.cpp
>
> So yes, they should be turned on "automatically".

It's not "automatic" then... LadspaControl class sets them.

Anyway I tried it on a non-LADSPA knob - the setLogarithmic function in
automatablemodel - and it doesn't seem to have any effect...

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Johannes Lorenz
> > Were there any problems with the patch, or did you turn it off for some
> > reason?
>
> No, I didn't change anything.

Ouch, I was in an old fork of lmms. It works, and the model linking works fine
aswell. Only the automation editor displays the frequency still linear now
(below the mouse cursor). I'll denote this in the bug tracker.

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Johannes Lorenz
> Anyway I tried it on a non-LADSPA knob - the setLogarithmic function in
> automatablemodel - and it doesn't seem to have any effect...

You probably mean AutomatableModel::setScaleLogarithmic(bool) ? This is
actually the way it should be done when it's not handled by LADSPA.

You won't see much as the knobs still have their angles linear - even if they
are logscale buttons. But try to connect it to an LFO controller, then you
should see a difference.

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Israel-28
On 04/30/2014 09:15 AM, Tobias Doerffel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's a good chance for the SRU as Israel (or whoever ;-) can use the
> official 1.0.1 source tarball without having the versioning issues
> with 1.0.0. However I don't know when things will be ready. IMHO you
> can still post it on FB in the meanwhile.
>
> Thanks
>
> Toby

Here is the pending merge into utopic
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/ubuntu/utopic/lmms/lmms_1.0.1/+merge/217857

--
Regards

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2
> Here is the pending merge into utopic
> https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/ubuntu/utopic/lmms/lmms_1.0.1/+merge/217857

Thank you very much! Hopefully 1.0.1 will get in soon and also be
backported to trusty. I also fixed the problem with finding WINE on
amd64 - at least everything builds fine now on Debian Testing with
this patch:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/5325e635c329afb8c51bd18daadea002b88f3f4f

Maybe you can include it later. LMMS 1.0.1 also will be in Debian Testing soon.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Stian Jørgensrud
WAIIT!

All tap plugins don't load when opening songs. Try unfa - Spoken.

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tres Finocchiaro

Stian is speaking on behalf of the Windows build.  Seems to also affect 64-bit  win.

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2

yes commit 5b29142c284c68d3a7e56c007ec0517f8f941391 which actually is
supposed to fix a crash (on Linux I guess) breaks plugin instantiation
on Win32/Win64. I hope we can come up with a solution soon so we can
release 1.0.2 as a hotfix.

@Vesa: any idea?

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

diiz
On 05/02/2014 12:23 AM, Tobias Doerffel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes commit 5b29142c284c68d3a7e56c007ec0517f8f941391 which actually is
> supposed to fix a crash (on Linux I guess) breaks plugin instantiation
> on Win32/Win64. I hope we can come up with a solution soon so we can
> release 1.0.2 as a hotfix.
>
> @Vesa: any idea?

I already responded on github, but... for now, all I can think of is
adding #ifdefs to revert to the old way on windows only, while keeping
the patched initialization for linux (and osx? Tres would know which
version works there better).

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tobias Doerffel-2
> WAIIT!
>
> All tap plugins don't load when opening songs. Try unfa - Spoken.

Issue has been fixed - thanks for reporting! Any other critical
issues/regressions? Please tell me ASAP so I can address them before
1.0.2. Otherwise I'm going to release 1.0.2 tomorrow.

Toby

Re: LMMS 1.0.1

Tres Finocchiaro
@Toby,

Turns out this same bug was preventing SWH from loading on Apple.

Here's a screenshot of Butterworth plugins listing on Apple after applying the same __init() style patch.  http://i.imgur.com/Tig1o2j.png

Is there any chance you can work your magic on the SWH directory? (preferably after committing Pull Request #685 to fix clang compilation)

I'd happily do a search and replace on the 97+ files, but I'm afraid of mucking up the special forward declarations for win32 (unless you'd prefer to give some guidance, then I'd happily do it).