Quantcast

LMMS not responding after being closed

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)
Hello,
some Italian user asked me about a bug with his LMMS.
He's running Windows Vista (last service pack) 32bit.

This is what he said it happens to him: if he creates a project, edits
it and then closes LMMS, after being able to save, the program crashes.
This doesn't happen if lmms was just opened or if the project is not edited.

I've made him try a bunch of things. He doesn't have any external
program opened,and the bug is instance-independet (that is, if he uses 2
LMMS instances, each instance will crash when closed, not both together)
. He tried opening a project, creating a zyn track and showing GUI and
then close the whole program with GUI opened, and the bug did not happen
(because LMMS was used for a short time).

He said that if the program is opened for x seconds, then it will crash
upon closing.

I can't figure out what could it be >_>
Will reinstalling fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: LMMS not responding after being closed

Hard to pinpoint these things... Did you try upgrading the sound driver?  Did you try changing the back-end?

I'd also recommend backing up the .lmmsrc.xml file and letting it rebuild.

There are some manual purge steps as well that we can offer, as conflicting libraries can have unusual symptoms.

Re: LMMS not responding after being closed

musikbear
sounds like
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2088
i cant find any pattern at all.

Re: LMMS not responding after being closed

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)
Yea it seems the same problem. Thank you for the issue link, I cound't
find such issue through the search.
I'll stick with that issue in github then!