Mailing list archive question

Phil (list)
Is there any way to enable downloading of the mailing list archives?
(i.e. is there an admin option that can turn this on or is this
capability not available for sourceforge lists?)  I ask because several
times people have referred to earlier conversations and I find the web
interface a clunky way to try and go back to catch up...

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Mailing list archive question

Uroš Maravić
Nabble is a pretty neat way of viewing the mailing list, because it sorts it like a forum:

It has old mails up to ~2006 IIRC, so I think you can find everything you may need on it. :)

-Uroš|Umcaruje

On 28 January 2015 at 22:11, Phil (list) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any way to enable downloading of the mailing list archives?
(i.e. is there an admin option that can turn this on or is this
capability not available for sourceforge lists?)  I ask because several
times people have referred to earlier conversations and I find the web
interface a clunky way to try and go back to catch up...

Thanks,
Phil

Best regards
Uroš

Re: Mailing list archive question

Tres Finocchiaro
Hmm....

I think it uses a mailman service which sourceforge admins should have **some** administrative access to.  These guys (picture attached) would have the highest access to such an area:

I have SSH access if you find some supporting evidence that it will help.  I'm not aware of any other way.  I wanted to use an archive to feed our conversations into our website and never figured out how.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 4:36 PM, I'm Umcaruje <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nabble is a pretty neat way of viewing the mailing list, because it sorts it like a forum:

It has old mails up to ~2006 IIRC, so I think you can find everything you may need on it. :)

-Uroš|Umcaruje

On 28 January 2015 at 22:11, Phil (list) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any way to enable downloading of the mailing list archives?
(i.e. is there an admin option that can turn this on or is this
capability not available for sourceforge lists?)  I ask because several
times people have referred to earlier conversations and I find the web
interface a clunky way to try and go back to catch up...

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Mailing list archive question

Amadeus Folego
Thanks for the suggestion Umcaruje, I find the SF navigator terrible, I
can't see related emails from the same thread, the search, etc...
Gonna check it later.

On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 16:42 -0500, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:

> Hmm....
>

> I think it uses a mailman service which sourceforge admins should have
> **some** administrative access to.  These guys (picture attached)
> would have the highest access to such an area:
>

> I have SSH access if you find some supporting evidence that it will
> help.  I'm not aware of any other way.  I wanted to use an archive to
> feed our conversations into our website and never figured out how.

This link indicates that project admins have (or at least had... the
page indicates that it's somewhat out of date) access to the mbox
archives (what we are both looking for... it's listed under features):

http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mailing%20Lists/

Depending on how/where they've set up archiving and if they still
provide this feature, you may have access to them already via ssh.

On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 16:56 -0500, Phil (list) wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 16:42 -0500, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> > Hmm....
> >

> > I think it uses a mailman service which sourceforge admins should have
> > **some** administrative access to.  These guys (picture attached)
> > would have the highest access to such an area:
> >

> > I have SSH access if you find some supporting evidence that it will
> > help.  I'm not aware of any other way.  I wanted to use an archive to
> > feed our conversations into our website and never figured out how.
>
> This link indicates that project admins have (or at least had... the
> page indicates that it's somewhat out of date) access to the mbox
> archives (what we are both looking for... it's listed under features):
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mailing%20Lists/
>

> Depending on how/where they've set up archiving and if they still
> provide this feature, you may have access to them already via ssh.

The answer is one link deeper:
http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mailing%20List%20Archives/