Quantcast

Metadata tags and search

Phil (list)
Hi all,

I was just curious if adding a metadata tagging / search capability has
ever been considered?  It would be quite handy to be able to sift
through instrument presets and samples to say quickly pare down the list
of what you're looking at to only those that are 'bass, synth, dark'
This is a feature that GarageBand has that is very useful as your
instrument/sample library grows.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Metadata tags and search

Phil (list)
Tres,

On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 18:32 -0500, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> This has been mentioned casually, but never implemented.  It would
> require the files to carry some form of meta data in them which we
> would crawl through, preferably as a background process.
>

> Feel free to file an enhancement for this.  If you are familiar with
> XML, please also feel free to recommend the place to put it in the
> file, as well as a mockup in the GUI. :)

I think I can handle that... thanks for the guidance.

Phil

Re: Metadata tags and search

Stian Jørgensrud
Go for it!

A pull request is more wanted than discussion :) We can discuss better on github anyway, make a pull request or a new issue like a placeholder for the discussion and so others can see what you are working on.

Here are the discussion if you like a lot of text
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/614