Please Help ASAP! :(

Benton Warner
PLEASE HELP! LMMS crashed, and i lost 5 hours worth of work, and no matter
how hard i try, i cant remake it! Is there a way to get my song back? I
started making the song today, and i havn't saved it ever yet! Please help
ASAP! :(

Re: Please Help ASAP! :(

David Gerard-2
Unlikely, unfortunately. Sorry :-(

However, there is a useful tick-box: Edit -> Settings ->
lightning-bolt -> Enable auto-save feature - so if LMMS crashes, then
next time it opens you will have a recovered copy of your track to
save immediately :-)

On 26 June 2016 at 22:09, Benton Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PLEASE HELP! LMMS crashed, and i lost 5 hours worth of work, and no matter
> how hard i try, i cant remake it! Is there a way to get my song back? I
> started making the song today, and i havn't saved it ever yet! Please help
> ASAP! :(

Re: Please Help ASAP! :(

Louigi Verona
Very sad to loose a song, I totally understand the angst. But do save often and do save separate intermediate versions as well. Working for 5 hours and not saving even a single time is not a good idea, ever.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unlikely, unfortunately. Sorry :-(

However, there is a useful tick-box: Edit -> Settings ->
lightning-bolt -> Enable auto-save feature - so if LMMS crashes, then
next time it opens you will have a recovered copy of your track to
save immediately :-)

On 26 June 2016 at 22:09, Benton Warner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> PLEASE HELP! LMMS crashed, and i lost 5 hours worth of work, and no matter
> how hard i try, i cant remake it! Is there a way to get my song back? I
> started making the song today, and i havn't saved it ever yet! Please help
> ASAP! :(

Re: Please Help ASAP! :(

David Gerard-2
Yeah, I've learnt to hit ctrl-S approximately every time I breathe!