Quantcast

Preparing for stable-1.2

Tres Finocchiaro
Thanks to a happy influx in help on the development side, we're already well on our way into the 1.2 build.

Looking back, the 1.1 release, the Windows and Apple builds have been downloaded 32,000 times in 20 days.  Apple downloads now represent about 6% of our direct download traffic.

But looking forward, we'll soon be branching off for a stable-1.2 branch.  In a short amount of time we've had a lot of changes to test out!  Here are the highlights:

Features:
  • New parametric graphic EQ FX plugin
  • Quick FX mixer assignment from instrument
  • FX mixer "remove unused channels" feature
  • Quick Piano roll/pattern switching using ALT + Lelft, Alt + Right
  • Automation Pattern "flip" horizontal, vertical feature
  • Better collection and displaying of startup errors (both GUI and CLI)
  • Configure instrument track to ignore "master" pitch slider
  • Better name handling for copied patterns
  • New "Gig" player instrument plays Giga Sample Banks  (similar in usage to SoundFonts)
  • Mixer "solo" mode
  • Allow the disabling of ".bak" files
  • Better Chinese language support
  • Rounded piano roll notes
  • Better thumb nailing/preview of Piano Roll patterns
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed several small memory leaks and small performance boosts using code profiling software.
  • Fix AudioFileProcessor redraw issues
  • Fix maximize/restore window behavior in Song Editor when opening track
  • Fix noise at send of some sample previews
  • Fixed visual division of factory and user samples/projects/presets
  • Fix VST instrument preview crashes
  • Fix various color/display/cursor/sizing issues
  • Better incompatible theme detection
  • Moving play cursor changes beat/bar/ticks display
  • Fix Nescaline high-note crash
  • Fix exporting crash on some locales/languages
Collaborative steps:
  • Teaming on features/testing/standards
Under the covers:
  • Saner debugging defaults
  • Re-factoring between GUI and Core
  • Faster win32 builds
  • Standardizing our naming conventions
  • Slight code readability improvements
  • Automatically compiles translation source files on build

Commit activity... check this out!

Ok, that's my stable-1.2 pep rally.  Stellar work guys!

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

Amadeus Folego
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:04:23PM -0500, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> Thanks to a happy influx in help on the development side, we're already well on
> our way into the 1.2 build.

Way to go! :-)

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

diiz
On 01/13/2015 06:04 AM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> But looking forward, we'll soon be branching off for a stable-1.2 branch.

How about we'll wait at the end of the month, then it's feature freeze
time. (As before, plugins can be excused if they do not touch core code.)

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

diiz
On 01/13/2015 06:04 AM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
Features:
  • New parametric graphic EQ FX plugin
  • Quick FX mixer assignment from instrument
  • FX mixer "remove unused channels" feature
  • Quick Piano roll/pattern switching using ALT + Lelft, Alt + Right
  • Automation Pattern "flip" horizontal, vertical feature
  • Better collection and displaying of startup errors (both GUI and CLI)
  • Configure instrument track to ignore "master" pitch slider
  • Better name handling for copied patterns
  • New "Gig" player instrument plays Giga Sample Banks  (similar in usage to SoundFonts)
  • Mixer "solo" mode
  • Allow the disabling of ".bak" files
  • Better Chinese language support
  • Rounded piano roll notes
  • Better thumb nailing/preview of Piano Roll patterns

Missed some:
- Sample exact models (currently supported by: FX mixer, instrument vol knob, Amplifier-plugin) - allows smooth sidechaining with peak controller, or actual AM-modulation with LFO controller
- Bitcrush & Crossover EQ plugins (the latter can be used as a tonestack)
- Group copy/move in song editor

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

musikbear
completely fantastic!
When there are builds ready for win, please give a heads up

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Vesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/13/2015 06:04 AM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> But looking forward, we'll soon be branching off for a stable-1.2 branch.

How about we'll wait at the end of the month, then it's feature freeze
time. (As before, plugins can be excused if they do not touch core code.)

Sounds good.  Thanks also for the missed features/fixes.  If we think of any others we can add the to the 1.2 RC1 elease draft.

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

musikbear
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
 If we think of
any others we can add the to the 1.2 RC1 elease draft
It is now possible to open lmms projects, directly from windows-folders, by double-click -eg sc. associated-opening.
I have done it with every kind of projects (vst-instrument/ vst-effect) and it works

Re: Preparing for stable-1.2

Tobiasz Karoń

What can I say?

I love you guys :D