Problem starting graphical interface

Torsten Schickhoff
Hi everybody,
I've got a problem to start LMMS, especialy the graphical interface.
When LMMS starts, the first screen appears (with this cool logo on it),
message is: 'Building new song' (german version installed, here it is
called: Erstelle neuen Song..). Then LMMS freezes..

I'm running fedora core 4. First I built LMMS from source, without
errors. No chance to run the programm, see above.
Then I found ready to install RPM's for FC4. So, uninstalling
source-build, installing rpms, but no change, same problem.
The only part of LMMS running is the configuring procedure when starting
the first time. This works very fine. But after configuring, it just
hangs up.

Has anyone a hint for me where to look for the failure in my system ?
Maybe incorrect permissions on special files/folders ?

Thank you for answers.

greetz, toto.

PS: great piece of software, congratulaion!! (I've seen it on another
system at a friend of mine)

Re: Problem starting graphical interface

Tobias Doerffel-2
> Hi everybody,
> I've got a problem to start LMMS, especialy the graphical interface.
> When LMMS starts, the first screen appears (with this cool logo on it),
> message is: 'Building new song' (german version installed, here it is
> called: Erstelle neuen Song..). Then LMMS freezes..
seems to be a problem while opening sound-driver... make your, you do
not have any sound-daemon running (like arts, esd etc.). then it
should work. if not, tell me what sound-system you use.

toby