Quantcast

Re: Blender examples

Tobiasz Karoń

1. Many downloads, not many active community members: I think some of the LMMS users might just not know that we exist. I've had that myself for a few first years(?) of using LMMS. Maybe a visible reminder/link in the "about" section saying something like "meet the guys who made LMMS" or "LMMS is only partly about software, don't be shy and meet the community!". Maybe a message shown while LMMS download is pending?

Also I think LMMS people should show their faces more - do you know how Ton Roosendaal looks like? Vlogging makes strong artist-public relationships. I saw Lazerblade do that, I'm doing that myself too. It makes me feel Lazerblade is someone cooler, just because I saw him talking and having fun in front of a camera.

We're people, let's show it!

2. Demo songs competition - I like it a lot and would participate.

3. Ask winners about improving the program - that'd be a great reward for the artists and a big sign of good will and openness from the dev. side.

4. Promoting the software - I've dropped quite a few ideas in my "wake LMMS up!" mail (and it did wake up - you're awesome!). Let me drop a few old and new: podcast, internet radio, music making and feature coding parties, online community hangouts, GSOC, vlogging.

5. No good dubstep drops? Hola! Have you heard "Dinolazor Fluxcat" by Avelocity? Have you heard my "Team Fortress 2 Dubstep Cover"?

Also: I encourage everyone to start making remixes, record videos and get in touch with other LMMS artists and developers. Don't be just a lurker (as long as artists can be lurkers...)!

15 sty 2015 21:36 "bubblegummer" <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

... If they want it released... and if we want to bundle all of their samples and plugins (assuming they don't use all native plugins).

The winner will be interviewed about the creation of his song and his thoughts on lmms in general, he should tell about lmms' most wanted features from his pro user perspective.

"interview" is a lot of work.  Someone needs to do this stuff..

Well, we won't hide the fact that the competitions purpose is getting new Demo Songs - so supplying the project file and using only internal synths + CC-0 samples (so we can bundle them) will be essential rules.
I volunteer for organizing this competition, if it comes off.
If we want to do a public voting to select the best songs, where could we host the voting? Is there a possibility to create a poll in the forum?

I will do the interview, or unfa might do in his next LMMS podcast? (the pilot was awesome btw!)

So the competition will result in
- great new demo songs
- hand-selected usable samples for LMMS
- an opportunity for artists to get response on their tracks
- a story for the LMMS homepage + facebook
- feedback on the software from pro users

Thoughts?

Re: Blender examples

Stian Jørgensrud
Tobiasz Karoń wrote
1. Many downloads, not many active community members: I think some of the
LMMS users might just not know that we exist. I've had that myself for a
few first years(?) of using LMMS. Maybe a visible reminder/link in the
"about" section saying something like "meet the guys who made LMMS" or
"LMMS is only partly about software, don't be shy and meet the community!".
Maybe a message shown while LMMS download is pending?

Also I think LMMS people should show their faces more - do you know how Ton
Roosendaal looks like? Vlogging makes strong artist-public relationships. I
saw Lazerblade do that, I'm doing that myself too. It makes me feel
Lazerblade is someone cooler, just because I saw him talking and having fun
in front of a camera.

We're people, let's show it!
Message while LMMS is installing is a great idea, your wording sounded just perfect.

Tobiasz Karoń wrote
3. Ask winners about improving the program - that'd be a great reward for
the artists and a big sign of good will and openness from the dev. side.
Sure, but everyone can have a say already? Do you mean one should put emphasis on the winners feedback?

Tobiasz Karoń wrote
4. Promoting the software - I've dropped quite a few ideas in my "wake LMMS
up!" mail (and it did wake up - you're awesome!). Let me drop a few old and
new: podcast, internet radio, music making and feature coding parties,
online community hangouts, GSOC, vlogging.
Would love to hear another one of your podcasts.