Roadmap to 1.2

12

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

Tres Finocchiaro
Most critical bugs have been fixed (I do see a few being reopened or still in progress).

Are we in good shape to start the RC process?

Creating an RC1 build is as simple as setting the version in CMakeLists.txt to 1.1.90 and creating a tagged release for it on the lmms/lmms/releases area (admins only), which will automatically fire the win32/win64 builds through Travis-CI and then re-upload them to our /releases and thus our downloads page.

Thereafter, we manually create a matching DMG for Mac and upload that manually as well (We don't use Travis-CI for this because their build environment is a bit too new for older OS X versions).

We don't currently offer any binaries for Linux, so Linux testers will continue to clone the master branch as most of them already have been.

-Tres

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Raine M. Ekman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]>:
> 1.2 isn't lost, just on hold... here's a reminder of what we have to look
> forward to in 1.2
> <https://github.com/tresf/lmms/wiki/1.2-features-(snapshot-from-Sept-13,-2015)>

Well, the MIDI export mentioned might need quite a bit of care and
attention to be release worthy. Now it's so far off target that I
wouldn't call it a feature just yet.
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2384)

Next up for me is correct MIDI pitch bend import
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1967) but after that, I might
take my blunt instrument to that export plugin. Both issues are
related to the data structures used in a Song, so they might be
surprisingly similar.

softrabbit on #lmms

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

Tres Finocchiaro
#2315 is closed so I've released RC1 to get some early feedback going.
  • We still need to branch off to a stable-1.2 very soon.
  • Umcaruje/softrabbit/zonkmachine/etc can you help review the outstanding PRs and decide what can go into 1.2 and what has to wait.
  • The release notes are here as well as the downloads when they're finished building
    https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/tag/v1.1.90
  • These downloads will auto-publish to lmms.io/download under the "Prerelease" section (yellow buttons).
  • Mac version has to be built and uploaded manually
  • Let a project maintainer know if we missed something in the changelog.
-Tres

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Most critical bugs have been fixed (I do see a few being reopened or still in progress).

Are we in good shape to start the RC process?

Creating an RC1 build is as simple as setting the version in CMakeLists.txt to 1.1.90 and creating a tagged release for it on the lmms/lmms/releases area (admins only), which will automatically fire the win32/win64 builds through Travis-CI and then re-upload them to our /releases and thus our downloads page.

Thereafter, we manually create a matching DMG for Mac and upload that manually as well (We don't use Travis-CI for this because their build environment is a bit too new for older OS X versions).

We don't currently offer any binaries for Linux, so Linux testers will continue to clone the master branch as most of them already have been.

-Tres

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Raine M. Ekman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]>:
> 1.2 isn't lost, just on hold... here's a reminder of what we have to look
> forward to in 1.2
> <https://github.com/tresf/lmms/wiki/1.2-features-(snapshot-from-Sept-13,-2015)>

Well, the MIDI export mentioned might need quite a bit of care and
attention to be release worthy. Now it's so far off target that I
wouldn't call it a feature just yet.
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2384)

Next up for me is correct MIDI pitch bend import
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1967) but after that, I might
take my blunt instrument to that export plugin. Both issues are
related to the data structures used in a Song, so they might be
surprisingly similar.

softrabbit on #lmms

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

midi-pascal
Hi Tres,

I have a pending PR since October 2 2015 for #2145 that was never merged to master.
It is harmless and so few lines of code it can be reverted easily anytime if required.
I do not know if it was forgotten or felled in a black hole.
I merge it over and over in my own master branch ever since and never had trouble with it so I wonder if it could be part of 1.2...

Just to let you know but you are the boss in last resort :-)

#2315 is closed so I've released RC1 to get some early feedback going.
  • We still need to branch off to a stable-1.2 very soon.
  • Umcaruje/softrabbit/zonkmachine/etc can you help review the outstanding PRs and decide what can go into 1.2 and what has to wait.
  • The release notes are here as well as the downloads when they're finished building
    https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/tag/v1.1.90
  • These downloads will auto-publish to lmms.io/download under the "Prerelease" section (yellow buttons).
  • Mac version has to be built and uploaded manually
  • Let a project maintainer know if we missed something in the changelog.
-Tres

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Most critical bugs have been fixed (I do see a few being reopened or still in progress).

Are we in good shape to start the RC process?

Creating an RC1 build is as simple as setting the version in CMakeLists.txt to 1.1.90 and creating a tagged release for it on the lmms/lmms/releases area (admins only), which will automatically fire the win32/win64 builds through Travis-CI and then re-upload them to our /releases and thus our downloads page.

Thereafter, we manually create a matching DMG for Mac and upload that manually as well (We don't use Travis-CI for this because their build environment is a bit too new for older OS X versions).

We don't currently offer any binaries for Linux, so Linux testers will continue to clone the master branch as most of them already have been.

-Tres

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Raine M. Ekman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]>:
> 1.2 isn't lost, just on hold... here's a reminder of what we have to look
> forward to in 1.2
> <https://github.com/tresf/lmms/wiki/1.2-features-(snapshot-from-Sept-13,-2015)>

Well, the MIDI export mentioned might need quite a bit of care and
attention to be release worthy. Now it's so far off target that I
wouldn't call it a feature just yet.
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2384)

Next up for me is correct MIDI pitch bend import
(https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1967) but after that, I might
take my blunt instrument to that export plugin. Both issues are
related to the data structures used in a Song, so they might be
surprisingly similar.

softrabbit on #lmms

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

Tres Finocchiaro
I have a pending PR since October 2 2015 for #2145 that was never merged to master.

Thanks we'll take a look https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/pull/2423.

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)

Sorry, isn't the multitap echo a new effect? If yes, it's missing from the change logs

btw, great work, everyone, the program is already pretty fine!
I did a 1 hour recorded session, and it only crashed 3 times on windows. Since recovery files are working, I didn't lose anything.

And I love the bitcrusher.

Il 16/feb/2016 21:23, "Tres Finocchiaro" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
I have a pending PR since October 2 2015 for #2145 that was never merged to master.

Thanks we'll take a look https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/pull/2423.

Re: Roadmap to 1.2

Tres Finocchiaro
We will be releasing 1.2.0-RC2 soon.

This is what needs to be done before the next release candidate:
I know everyone is very busy, but for those capable of helping, please do.  The master branch is much, much more stable that it was 6 months ago thanks to some very dedicated bug hunters but there's still quite a bit of work before 1.2 can be released.

This is what needs to be done before a 1.2-stable release
  • Branch 1.2-stable
  • Fix this terrible, terrible Qt5 + Windows bug: #2767
  • Keep chopping away at our 1.2 milestone issues.

12