Running in KVM

Phil (list)
I was just curious if anyone has experience running LMMS in a KVM
virtual machine?  I've been trying without success... the splash screen
comes up but then the entire VM freezes.  Bumping up the VM RAM to 2 Gig
doesn't help and I'm not seeing any messages when launching from the
command line that is providing any clue as to what the problem is.

Re: Running in KVM

Tres Finocchiaro

No, never tried, but you may want to try changing audio to "Dummy Audio (no sound)" to see of the hang is sound related.

Pasting the "Dummy Audio" line from another .lmmsrc.xml file is recommended, although it should fall back onto dummy if the value is invalid.

Re: Running in KVM

Phil (list)
On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 06:42 -0500, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> No, never tried, but you may want to try changing audio to "Dummy
> Audio (no sound)" to see of the hang is sound related.
>
> Pasting the "Dummy Audio" line from another .lmmsrc.xml file is
> recommended, although it should fall back onto dummy if the value is
> invalid.

Thanks... I think that pointed me in the right direction.  When I
switched it to dummy audio, it was able to eventually (after 20-30
seconds) start.  I've managed to get it working reasonably acceptably
and will file a bug report once I can narrow down exactly what's going
on (LMMS wanting to switch the audio interface back to ALSA every time
the setup dialog is opened probably isn't helping)