Quantcast

Sample packs?

12

Sample packs?

Arkadiusz Rozmus
I think the section "Samples" on the new website should have something... are you open for new sample packs? I could create one in FL Studio (sorry :P), export it, cut it up and stuff and release it for free.

Re: Sample packs?

Tres Finocchiaro

Digitizer claims to be working on one.  The status of this is unknown.

Re: Sample packs?

Ian Sannar
I could definetely contribute to that. I got quite a few nice kicks and snares, of which I can put into a pack.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Digitizer claims to be working on one.  The status of this is unknown.

Re: Sample packs?

HDDigitizerMusic
Yep, we're almost done. You can watch our progress here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjWQJRpGs2XR8yZoCuTJogHUfOhstISVWsrEhY4PPTs/edit?usp=drive_web

@Ian Sannar

I could definitely contribute to that. I got quite a few nice kicks and snares, of which I can put into a pack.

We're already full on kicks, but in need of snares. We want the best we can possibly get. If you want, you can link us to a link download and we'll check them out. If you want to join the process, just ask and I'll be happy to invite you. :)

On a different note, we should .zip up the current ones then post them once the new ones are moved over for people to use at their own risk.

Re: Sample packs?

Israel-28
On 08/13/2014 10:59 PM, HDDigitizerMusic wrote:

> Yep, we're almost done. You can watch our progress here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjWQJRpGs2XR8yZoCuTJogHUfOhstISVWsrEhY4PPTs/edit?usp=drive_web
>
> @Ian Sannar
>
> I could definitely contribute to that. I got quite a few nice kicks and
> snares, of which I can put into a pack.
>
> We're already full on kicks, but in need of snares. We want the best we can
> possibly get. If you want, you can link us to a link download and we'll
> check them out. If you want to join the process, just ask and I'll be happy
> to invite you. :)
>
> On a different note, we should .zip up the current ones then post them once
> the new ones are moved over for people to use at their own risk.

Hi all,
I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some
sounds.  I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need
of a some different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric),
mandolin, and a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any
of these would be handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be
good to include.

--
Regards

Re: Sample packs?

Ian Sannar
Alright, I've got some very nice-sounding Snares and Claps (And combinations of the two) plus some other samples that I'm going to give you.

Here's the download:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Israel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/13/2014 10:59 PM, HDDigitizerMusic wrote:
> Yep, we're almost done. You can watch our progress here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tjWQJRpGs2XR8yZoCuTJogHUfOhstISVWsrEhY4PPTs/edit?usp=drive_web
>
> @Ian Sannar
>
> I could definitely contribute to that. I got quite a few nice kicks and
> snares, of which I can put into a pack.
>
> We're already full on kicks, but in need of snares. We want the best we can
> possibly get. If you want, you can link us to a link download and we'll
> check them out. If you want to join the process, just ask and I'll be happy
> to invite you. :)
>
> On a different note, we should .zip up the current ones then post them once
> the new ones are moved over for people to use at their own risk.

Hi all,
I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some
sounds.  I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need
of a some different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric),
mandolin, and a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any
of these would be handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be
good to include.

--
Regards

Re: Sample packs?

HDDigitizerMusic
@Ian Sannar
>Alright, I've got some very nice-sounding Snares and Claps (And combinations of the two) plus some other samples that I'm going to give you.

Damn! Those are amazing. I've been looking for those types of sounds. Thanks for sharing! They'll really help.

Actually, we're in need of some snares. You should create more if you would like. Those are top notch sounds.

@Israel-28
>I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some sounds.

Share a download link and I'll check it out.

>I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need of a some different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric), mandolin, and a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any of these would be handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be good to include.

You can totally record those, thought we aren't including instruments in LMMS's new sample library. We are going to release larger packs on our website full of everything good we can find and those might be a perfect fit.

Re: Sample packs?

Jonathan Aquilina
I think this is a valid point to bring up will these also be available as individual downloads as well as a full pack?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM, HDDigitizerMusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Ian Sannar
>Alright, I've got some very nice-sounding Snares and Claps (And
combinations of the two) plus some other samples that I'm going to give you.

Damn! Those are amazing. I've been looking for those types of sounds. Thanks
for sharing! They'll really help.

Actually, we're in need of some snares. You should create more if you would
like. Those are top notch sounds.

@Israel-28
>I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some sounds.

Share a download link and I'll check it out.

>I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need of a some
different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric), mandolin, and
a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any of these would be
handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be good to include.

You can totally record those, thought we aren't including instruments in
LMMS's new sample library. We are going to release larger packs on our
website full of everything good we can find and those might be a perfect
fit.

Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Sample packs?

Ian Sannar
I can make another small pack, if you like. I think that at least a few of my samples here should be included in the factory drum samples, I use them all the time and so does everybody who has similar sounds. xD

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this is a valid point to bring up will these also be available as individual downloads as well as a full pack?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM, HDDigitizerMusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Ian Sannar
>Alright, I've got some very nice-sounding Snares and Claps (And
combinations of the two) plus some other samples that I'm going to give you.

Damn! Those are amazing. I've been looking for those types of sounds. Thanks
for sharing! They'll really help.

Actually, we're in need of some snares. You should create more if you would
like. Those are top notch sounds.

@Israel-28
>I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some sounds.

Share a download link and I'll check it out.

>I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need of a some
different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric), mandolin, and
a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any of these would be
handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be good to include.

You can totally record those, thought we aren't including instruments in
LMMS's new sample library. We are going to release larger packs on our
website full of everything good we can find and those might be a perfect
fit.

Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Sample packs?

Jonathan Aquilina
Sample packs we could also group them according to instrument like you have drums others can be grouped as synths etc.

@Jonathan That's a great idea. Otherwise an EDM producer is going to end up downloading acoustic guitar samples or something.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sample packs we could also group them according to instrument like you have drums others can be grouped as synths etc.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can make another small pack, if you like. I think that at least a few of my samples here should be included in the factory drum samples, I use them all the time and so does everybody who has similar sounds. xD

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this is a valid point to bring up will these also be available as individual downloads as well as a full pack?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM, HDDigitizerMusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Ian Sannar
>Alright, I've got some very nice-sounding Snares and Claps (And
combinations of the two) plus some other samples that I'm going to give you.

Damn! Those are amazing. I've been looking for those types of sounds. Thanks
for sharing! They'll really help.

Actually, we're in need of some snares. You should create more if you would
like. Those are top notch sounds.

@Israel-28
>I have a drum set, and recording equipment, so I could record some sounds.

Share a download link and I'll check it out.

>I also have a few other instruments as well if we are in need of a some
different sounds (i.e. Piano note, guitar (acoustic/electric), mandolin, and
a few others)  I also have a darbuka (goblet drum) if any of these would be
handy to include.  Just let me know if these would be good to include.

You can totally record those, thought we aren't including instruments in
LMMS's new sample library. We are going to release larger packs on our
website full of everything good we can find and those might be a perfect
fit.

Jonathan Aquilina

Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Sample packs?

HDDigitizerMusic
@Ian Sannar
Also, is the sample pack you provided public domain and did you make it?

Re: Sample packs?

Ian Sannar
I don't think so. I don't even know where those samples came from... So I dunno if it's okay to redistribute. :/

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM, HDDigitizerMusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Ian Sannar
Also, is the sample pack you provided public domain and did you make it?

Re: Sample packs?

HDDigitizerMusic
@Ian Sannar Thanks for your effort. I bet we'll get some claps and snares of the same quality.

The new sample pack we are making only includes samples that you can use commercially and personally, so we have to be really thorough about each and every one. :)

Re: Sample packs?

Ian Sannar
Hmm. Some of those samples I send were from FL Studio, a drumkit called 'Grv'.
I wonder if I just send those... are they intellectual property of image-line?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM, HDDigitizerMusic <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Ian Sannar Thanks for your effort. I bet we'll get some claps and snares of
the same quality.

The new sample pack we are making only includes samples that you can use
commercially and personally, so we have to be really thorough about each and
every one. :)

Re: Sample packs?

Tres Finocchiaro

Its not worth risking it.   We won't use sounds from commercial software at all unless the commercial software donates them to the project with the proper license.

Re: Sample packs? yes but what about effects?

musikbear
We have talked a lot about percussion samples. What about effects? Anyone knows any packs with that, and CC0 ofcause?
12