Status of Qt5

Andre "Osku" Schmidt
Hi,

was wondering what is the status of using qt5?

currently i get these compile errors:

- http://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/mailman/message/33199529/
- src/core/AutomatableModel.cpp:25:23: fatal error: QDomElement: No
such file or directory

git bisect for the latter points to
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/2f7820a6d90bfdbd603c5c5a6617bf5fa81b9bd8

cheers
.andre

Re: Status of Qt5

Tobias Doerffel-2
Hi,

basically everything should be prepared. A few months ago I made
everything work with Qt. You can try by calling "cmake -DWANT_QT5=ON"
or running the build_mingw{32/64} scripts with the "-qt5" parameter.
However things might have changed in the meantime by new commits and a
few modifications are required again. Feel free to submit according
patches :-)

Best regards

Toby

Re: Status of Qt5

Andre "Osku" Schmidt
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Tobias Doerffel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> basically everything should be prepared. A few months ago I made
> everything work with Qt. You can try by calling "cmake -DWANT_QT5=ON"
> or running the build_mingw{32/64} scripts with the "-qt5" parameter.
> However things might have changed in the meantime by new commits and a
> few modifications are required again. Feel free to submit according
> patches :-)

i mean more like why is upstream not using qt5 by default?
some show-stoppers or?

.andre

Re: Status of Qt5

Andre "Osku" Schmidt
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Andre "Osku" Schmidt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Tobias Doerffel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> basically everything should be prepared. A few months ago I made
>> everything work with Qt. You can try by calling "cmake -DWANT_QT5=ON"
>> or running the build_mingw{32/64} scripts with the "-qt5" parameter.
>> However things might have changed in the meantime by new commits and a
>> few modifications are required again. Feel free to submit according
>> patches :-)
>
> i mean more like why is upstream not using qt5 by default?
> some show-stoppers or?
FWIW,

QML[0] could be a nice way to a create a runtime loaded scalable UI.

I (as a webmonkey) had quite the fun creating the attached vu-slider
prototype. You can run the qml file (at least) with the qml
runtime[1].

cheers
.andre

[0] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-index.html
[1] http://www.ics.com/blog/whole-shebang-running-qml-files-directly

slider-vu-stereo.qml (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of Qt5

Stian Jørgensrud
Tobias Doerffel-2 wrote
Hi,

basically everything should be prepared. A few months ago I made
everything work with Qt. You can try by calling "cmake -DWANT_QT5=ON"
or running the build_mingw{32/64} scripts with the "-qt5" parameter.
Ok so I tried and failed with qt 5.4 and was wondering what the standard installation path is as the Install.qt5 file says, quote:
"If your Qt5 installation does not reside in standard installation paths,
additionally pass e.g.

-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/qt53/"

Qt5 default installation path for me on ubuntu was home/USERNAME/qt

Re: Status of Qt5

Stian Jørgensrud
Stian Jørgensrud wrote
Ok so I tried and failed with qt 5.4
I doubt qt is why I am failing, though. Trying to build on 14.04

Re: Status of Qt5

Tres Finocchiaro
@Stian,

I'm glad to hear you are taking a stab at this... Probably best to track this in a dedicated issue on the tracker.  We have some people that can likely help with debugging this moving forward, and the tracker allows screenshots, code snippets, and tend to get revisited over time unlike the mailing list conversations.

According to Vesa, QT5 possibly introduces Hi-Res support -- which demand is growing for as these new super hi-resolution displays are coming out.

-Tres

Stian Jørgensrud wrote