Quantcast

Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
Made this preset. If you guys like it I'll send it to be included.

Re: Supesaw Preset

diiz
On 08/25/2014 05:54 PM, Ian Sannar wrote:
> Made this preset. If you guys like it I'll send it to be included.
> https://soundcloud.com/cubician/zyn-supersaw-test

Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
Just a suggestion. I just made that preset, and thought a high-quality supersaw would be nice. True, Zyn has a bajillion presets, but Zyn is also the most useful and powerful synth in LMMS that is capable of producing that nice-sounding of a supersaw.
I understand if it's not a good idea to include it. But it is a pretty nice preset...

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Vesa <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/25/2014 05:54 PM, Ian Sannar wrote:
> Made this preset. If you guys like it I'll send it to be included.
> https://soundcloud.com/cubician/zyn-supersaw-test

Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

Stian Jørgensrud
Diizy is a little sad that some instruments actually got 0-few presets. And, perhaps, he is also a little worried that there is going to be a huge amount of presets to scroll through in Zyn and TripleOsc, without a proper way to sort them.
I share his sadness and worries.

diiz wrote
Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

David Gerard-2
I like all the presets in Zyn, but it would be nice if others got
love. Perhaps the authors could prepare a few presets that serve as
good demos of just what a given plugin can do ... I suspect there are
so many for Zyn because there are so many for Zyn.

On 25 August 2014 20:51, Stian Jørgensrud <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Diizy is a little sad that some instruments actually got 0-few presets. And,
> perhaps, he is also a little worried that there is going to be a huge amount
> of presets to scroll through in Zyn and TripleOsc, without a proper way to
> sort them.
> I share his sadness and worries.
>

> diiz wrote
>> Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
>> TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
>> make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

Sam Duff
Would anyone like to stay OT? OP's question was whether or not we include this preset. I'm all for better presets. A lot of Zyn's are getting long in the tooth anyway.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
I like all the presets in Zyn, but it would be nice if others got
love. Perhaps the authors could prepare a few presets that serve as
good demos of just what a given plugin can do ... I suspect there are
so many for Zyn because there are so many for Zyn.

On 25 August 2014 20:51, Stian Jørgensrud <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Diizy is a little sad that some instruments actually got 0-few presets. And,
> perhaps, he is also a little worried that there is going to be a huge amount
> of presets to scroll through in Zyn and TripleOsc, without a proper way to
> sort them.
> I share his sadness and worries.
>

> diiz wrote
>> Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
>> TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
>> make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
I kinda agree with Sam... there are tons of Zyn Presets but if we narrowed it down to only the really good ones then we wouldn't have so many.
I would love to sort through those and get rid of the ones that nobody uses.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Sam Duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would anyone like to stay OT? OP's question was whether or not we include this preset. I'm all for better presets. A lot of Zyn's are getting long in the tooth anyway.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
I like all the presets in Zyn, but it would be nice if others got
love. Perhaps the authors could prepare a few presets that serve as
good demos of just what a given plugin can do ... I suspect there are
so many for Zyn because there are so many for Zyn.

On 25 August 2014 20:51, Stian Jørgensrud <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Diizy is a little sad that some instruments actually got 0-few presets. And,
> perhaps, he is also a little worried that there is going to be a huge amount
> of presets to scroll through in Zyn and TripleOsc, without a proper way to
> sort them.
> I share his sadness and worries.
>

> diiz wrote
>> Again... just look at the amount of Zyn presets we have. Zyn and
>> TripleOsc are way overrepresented in the preset tab already... why not
>> make presets for the instruments that don't already have tons?

Re: Supesaw Preset

David Gerard-2
If it's been in LMMS, someone's used it. A preset is forever.

On 26 August 2014 00:47, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I kinda agree with Sam... there are tons of Zyn Presets but if we narrowed
> it down to only the really good ones then we wouldn't have so many.
> I would love to sort through those and get rid of the ones that nobody uses.
>

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Sam Duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Would anyone like to stay OT? OP's question was whether or not we include
>> this preset. I'm all for better presets. A lot of Zyn's are getting long in
>> the tooth anyway.
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I like all the presets in Zyn, but it would be nice if others got
>>> love. Perhaps the authors could prepare a few presets that serve as
>>> good demos of just what a given plugin can do ... I suspect there are
>>> so many for Zyn because there are so many for Zyn.

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
There are lots of similar sounding ones that really are basically duplicates.
You know what I'm talking about.

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
If it's been in LMMS, someone's used it. A preset is forever.

On 26 August 2014 00:47, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I kinda agree with Sam... there are tons of Zyn Presets but if we narrowed
> it down to only the really good ones then we wouldn't have so many.
> I would love to sort through those and get rid of the ones that nobody uses.
>

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Sam Duff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Would anyone like to stay OT? OP's question was whether or not we include
>> this preset. I'm all for better presets. A lot of Zyn's are getting long in
>> the tooth anyway.
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I like all the presets in Zyn, but it would be nice if others got
>>> love. Perhaps the authors could prepare a few presets that serve as
>>> good demos of just what a given plugin can do ... I suspect there are
>>> so many for Zyn because there are so many for Zyn.

Re: Supesaw Preset

diiz
On 08/26/2014 02:47 AM, Ian Sannar wrote:
> I kinda agree with Sam... there are tons of Zyn Presets but if we
> narrowed it down to only the really good ones then we wouldn't have so
> many.
> I would love to sort through those and get rid of the ones that nobody
> uses.

How exactly do you determine which presets "nobody uses"? Conduct a survey?

Re: Supesaw Preset

Jonathan Aquilina

If anything those similar sounding presets should be moved to the lsp

On 26 Aug 2014 07:16, "Vesa" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/26/2014 02:47 AM, Ian Sannar wrote:
> I kinda agree with Sam... there are tons of Zyn Presets but if we
> narrowed it down to only the really good ones then we wouldn't have so
> many.
> I would love to sort through those and get rid of the ones that nobody
> uses.

How exactly do you determine which presets "nobody uses"? Conduct a survey?

Re: Supesaw Preset

musikbear
whitch instruments will be able to create a truely unique sound? That could be the question. I think Monstro and sfX could - Personally i have never used the 8bit generators, but if someone wanted to make an old-school video-game, then freeboy and 'commandore¨ (?) would be extremely usefull.
imo the only way to get to know peeps usage of different instruments, would be to make a survey -Doesent facebook have tools for that (not a fb user/ liker, so i dont know the fancy in and outs of fb), but if we could get an idea, of what users actually prefere to use, then both tutorials, and presets, could be made. with better use-potential
(most propl 'just' use the existing zasfx, because they are there, and they really dont dabble in preset-making :)

Re: Supesaw Preset

Tres Finocchiaro
@Ian,

If you really feel this is good enough to have it included, you may have better luck proposing it way-way upstream to the Zyn team.  I believe all of our built-in Zyn presets trickle downstream from them, so if they accept, it will eventually make it into a future build.

Zyn is sort of a black-sheep in that regard because the LMMS project didn't write it, but it has been integrated in a way that suggests it's built-in like the rest.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:48 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
whitch instruments will be able to create a truely unique sound? That could
be the question. I think Monstro and sfX could - Personally i have never
used the 8bit generators, but if someone wanted to make an old-school
video-game, then freeboy and 'commandore¨ (?) would be extremely usefull.
imo the only way to get to know peeps usage of different instruments, would
be to make a survey -Doesent facebook have tools for that (not a fb user/
liker, so i dont know the fancy in and outs of fb), but if we could get an
idea, of what users actually prefere to use, then both tutorials, and
presets, could be made. with better use-potential
(most propl 'just' use the existing zasfx, because they are there, and they
really dont dabble in preset-making :)

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
The preset still needs a bit of work.

@musikbear
But Google has forms, which we could use.
Find the top 100 or so used presets, and keep those included.

[...]

Your planned cull will break stuff and it's entirely unclear how doing
that will help LMMS.

On 26 August 2014 14:56, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The preset still needs a bit of work.
>
> @musikbear
> But Google has forms, which we could use.
> Find the top 100 or so used presets, and keep those included.
>

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Oh yeah... here's their discussion forum:
>>

>> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47&sid=9408fe99a14330f0e8d8452bfccd0483
>>
>> - [hidden email]
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> @Ian,
>>>
>>> If you really feel this is good enough to have it included, you may have
>>> better luck proposing it way-way upstream to the Zyn team.  I believe all of
>>> our built-in Zyn presets trickle downstream from them, so if they accept, it
>>> will eventually make it into a future build.
>>>
>>> Zyn is sort of a black-sheep in that regard because the LMMS project
>>> didn't write it, but it has been integrated in a way that suggests it's
>>> built-in like the rest.
>>>
>>> - [hidden email]

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
I guess it doesn't need to be done.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Your planned cull will break stuff and it's entirely unclear how doing
that will help LMMS.

On 26 August 2014 14:56, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The preset still needs a bit of work.
>
> @musikbear
> But Google has forms, which we could use.
> Find the top 100 or so used presets, and keep those included.
>

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Oh yeah... here's their discussion forum:
>>

>> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47&sid=9408fe99a14330f0e8d8452bfccd0483
>>
>> - [hidden email]
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> @Ian,
>>>
>>> If you really feel this is good enough to have it included, you may have
>>> better luck proposing it way-way upstream to the Zyn team.  I believe all of
>>> our built-in Zyn presets trickle downstream from them, so if they accept, it
>>> will eventually make it into a future build.
>>>
>>> Zyn is sort of a black-sheep in that regard because the LMMS project
>>> didn't write it, but it has been integrated in a way that suggests it's
>>> built-in like the rest.
>>>
>>> - [hidden email]

Re: Supesaw Preset

Sam Duff
I agree that we don't need to cull any of the presets. However, I also think it won't harm anyone to be including newer presets that are deemed to be good - they're only a few KB in size.

Kind regards,

Sam Duff

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess it doesn't need to be done.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Your planned cull will break stuff and it's entirely unclear how doing
that will help LMMS.

On 26 August 2014 14:56, Ian Sannar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The preset still needs a bit of work.
>
> @musikbear
> But Google has forms, which we could use.
> Find the top 100 or so used presets, and keep those included.
>

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Oh yeah... here's their discussion forum:
>>

>> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47&sid=9408fe99a14330f0e8d8452bfccd0483
>>
>> - [hidden email]
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Tres Finocchiaro
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> @Ian,
>>>
>>> If you really feel this is good enough to have it included, you may have
>>> better luck proposing it way-way upstream to the Zyn team.  I believe all of
>>> our built-in Zyn presets trickle downstream from them, so if they accept, it
>>> will eventually make it into a future build.
>>>
>>> Zyn is sort of a black-sheep in that regard because the LMMS project
>>> didn't write it, but it has been integrated in a way that suggests it's
>>> built-in like the rest.
>>>
>>> - [hidden email]

Re: Supesaw Preset

Ian Sannar
Just realised that the subject says "supesaw" rather than "supersaw." Wow. I can grammar.