Quantcast

TripleOsc Feature Request

Tres Finocchiaro
Today someone on KVR asked if a "Random" button could be added to TripleOsc.

After using SFXR's RAND and MUTATE buttons, I have to agree, this is a fantastic feature!

Would this be worth filing an enhancement for? What is everyone's thoughts?

Re: TripleOsc Feature Request

diiz
On 02/26/2014 05:41 PM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:

> Today someone on KVR asked if a "Random" button could be added to
> TripleOsc.
>
> After using SFXR's RAND and MUTATE buttons, I have to agree, this is a
> fantastic feature!
>
> Would this be worth filing an enhancement for? What is everyone's
> thoughts?

A random button in triple osc would likely just generate disharmonic
noise. Sfxr is built in a different way, you'll get a sound no matter
what combination the knobs are in, but with triple osc, it's possible
the knobs end up in a position that produces no sound at all, noise, or
something horrible.

Re: TripleOsc Feature Request

Tres Finocchiaro
A random button in triple osc would likely just generate disharmonic
noise.

What if we left out the detuning knobs?

Re: TripleOsc Feature Request

Stian Jørgensrud
My thought is that I don't like the random button in Organic but it is the only button I manage to use in Organic. I must press it a few times though.

Re: TripleOsc Feature Request

Tobiasz Karoń

I like this idea - I was thinking about this before.
I wish such a button can be added to Zyn too one day...