Quantcast

Ubuntu Utopic

Israel-28
Hi all,
I was pushing 1.0.3 into the repos, and the builds failed... I just used
the upstream at sf for 1.0.3

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/181578412/buildlog_ubuntu-utopic-i386.lmms_1.0.3-src-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.10.1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

If you look at the end of the file there is a lot about plugins
failing... I will check things on my end here... but I was wondering if
this issue was addressed already, or something changed in the
dependencies, or something else...

If I find my package does something odd, I'll let you know

--
Regards

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

diiz
On 08/05/2014 04:14 PM, Israel wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was pushing 1.0.3 into the repos, and the builds failed... I just used
> the upstream at sf for 1.0.3

Oh yeah, you'll probly have to patch it to be able to build... not sure
why this bug triggers on your build env and not on others.

Take a look at these commits and apply the same changes on the 1.0.3 code:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/f91925f34aa1ee8ecacb12b8c4943c7e8aaabbfe

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/ad35c553b39fc70237605952bf2c6ff1fac5b7b7

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

Israel-28
Hi Vesa,
Wow, that is extremely simple.
I am not in a rush to get this built yet... will there be a final 1.0.3
release on sf (with the fixes)
Or more importantly will 1.1.0 be coming out soon?
I would like to have the most up to date package in Utopic before the
feature freeze.

Also, having the sf file up to date makes my job extremely easy (Thank
you for this).

I just run
bzr merge-upstream
and uscan checks sf and automatically does everything for me (mostly)
Then I simply commit and push. (after including the changelog entries)

On 08/05/2014 08:20 AM, Vesa wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 04:14 PM, Israel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was pushing 1.0.3 into the repos, and the builds failed... I just used
>> the upstream at sf for 1.0.3
> Oh yeah, you'll probly have to patch it to be able to build... not sure
> why this bug triggers on your build env and not on others.
>
> Take a look at these commits and apply the same changes on the 1.0.3 code:
>
> https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/f91925f34aa1ee8ecacb12b8c4943c7e8aaabbfe
>
> https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/commit/ad35c553b39fc70237605952bf2c6ff1fac5b7b7

Regards

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

grejppi
And I keep wondering why bode_shifter_cv and all the other such plugins are even included in the source and built if LMMS can't use them...

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

diiz
On 08/05/2014 04:44 PM, Hannu Haahti wrote:
> And I keep wondering why bode_shifter_cv and all the other such
> plugins are even included in the source and built if LMMS can't use
> them...

Probably because they're included in the original plugin bundles and we
haven't bothered removing them - easier to update the bundles when
they're intact I guess?

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

diiz
On 08/05/2014 04:33 PM, Israel wrote:
> Hi Vesa,
> Wow, that is extremely simple.
> I am not in a rush to get this built yet... will there be a final 1.0.3
> release on sf (with the fixes)
> Or more importantly will 1.1.0 be coming out soon?

Yeah no, 1.0.3 is already released and it's the EOL for the 1.0 branch.
1.1 will be the next release. Can't say anything about the timeframe.

I guess those commits could be backported to the 1.0 branch for
convenience, though...

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

Israel-28
Hi Vesa,
It would probably help anyone else who is trying to compile it from
source from sf.
But if 1.1.0 is going to be out sometime before September 25th I can get
it in (hopefully).
Sept 25th is feature freeze.

On 08/05/2014 08:51 AM, Vesa wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 04:33 PM, Israel wrote:
>> Hi Vesa,
>> Wow, that is extremely simple.
>> I am not in a rush to get this built yet... will there be a final 1.0.3
>> release on sf (with the fixes)
>> Or more importantly will 1.1.0 be coming out soon?
> Yeah no, 1.0.3 is already released and it's the EOL for the 1.0 branch.
> 1.1 will be the next release. Can't say anything about the timeframe.
>
> I guess those commits could be backported to the 1.0 branch for
> convenience, though...

Regards

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

Israel-28
Vesa,
Correction...
August 21st is feature freeze

So I should probably concentrate on a working 1.0.3
:)

On 08/05/2014 08:51 AM, Vesa wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 04:33 PM, Israel wrote:
>> Hi Vesa,
>> Wow, that is extremely simple.
>> I am not in a rush to get this built yet... will there be a final 1.0.3
>> release on sf (with the fixes)
>> Or more importantly will 1.1.0 be coming out soon?
> Yeah no, 1.0.3 is already released and it's the EOL for the 1.0 branch.
> 1.1 will be the next release. Can't say anything about the timeframe.
>
> I guess those commits could be backported to the 1.0 branch for
> convenience, though...

Regards

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

diiz
On 08/05/2014 05:19 PM, Israel wrote:
> Vesa,
> Correction...
> August 21st is feature freeze

We can hopefully get 1.1 released before that.

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

Israel-28
Hi Vesa!

That would be great!!

I still haven't heard anything about the SRU, and I haven't heard back
from Timo in a while...
I'll let you know.  I hope I can find a good way to do SRU in the
future, as this has not worked out very well....

On 08/05/2014 09:31 AM, Vesa wrote:

> On 08/05/2014 05:19 PM, Israel wrote:
>> Vesa,
>> Correction...
>> August 21st is feature freeze
> We can hopefully get 1.1 released before that.

Regards

Re: Ubuntu Utopic

Stian Jørgensrud
Isreal Dahl, you should be aware of that it was scheduled for the beginning of this summer. Right now Tres and Lucas + other people, except Vesa, are probably focusing on making the new home page and lsp2.

I am not saying LMMS 1.1.0 won't be out before then, I sure hope so :) but it seems Vesa now, more than ever, is going to have to fix the rest of the bugs and get LMMS out by himself? And he will even begin with education and perhaps a fund raiser for LMMS and then teaching another paid guy to improve the LMMS core... I sure hope 1.1 will get out within a month, before Vesa maybe must cut down on the LMMS spare time work.

If anyone have some time, please look at the few bugs left https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/milestones/1.1.0

diiz wrote

On 08/05/2014 11:00 PM, Stian Jørgensrud wrote:
> I am not saying LMMS 1.1.0 won't be out before then, I sure hope so :) but
> it seems Vesa now, more than ever, is going to have to fix the rest of the
> bugs and get LMMS out by himself?

Yes I'm a work horse ;)

We could get LMMS 1.1 out much quicker if you guys would just stop
discovering new bugs to fix :D

Seriously though... there aren't that many major bugs left. The
trickiest ones have been fixed, now it's just a matter of doing the rest
and some polish-up, I've just been preoccupied with the master branch
and trying to figure out ways to improve the current engine even though
that may or may not be an impossible task...