Which Jack packs should I have to compile LMMS?

Which Jack packs should I have to compile LMMS?

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)
Hello, I recently wanted to compile LMMS to test the latest versions.
But it seems i got some problems with libraries.
Installing all dependencies with the commands given in th wiki failed, so I tried doing it manually and had some initials problems with libsoundio, which I then installed from source.

Still, compiling LMMS fails, not because of libsoundio which is found, but because of some other header files.
After trying to use dependencies command again, I found out I had the wrong jack libraries.

The problems is that, in a way or another, synaptic asks me to go from jackd2 and jack2 libraries to jack0 libraries. Of course uninstalling jackd2 the wrong way would make me uninstall aaaaall of the audio programs I have.

Did I explain my problem correctly? If yes, what can I do to compile?

(one of the missing headers is, for example, "soundcard.h")

Re: Which Jack packs should I have to compile LMMS?

Raine M. Ekman
Quoting Roberto Giaconia <[hidden email]>:
> Still, compiling LMMS fails, not because of libsoundio which is found, but
> because of some other header files.
> After trying to use dependencies command again, I found out I had the wrong
> jack libraries.
>
> The problems is that, in a way or another, synaptic asks me to go from
> jackd2 and jack2 libraries to jack0 libraries. Of course uninstalling
> jackd2 the wrong way would make me uninstall aaaaall of the audio programs
> I have.

Try installing the jack development package fitting your installed
jack version (libjack-jackd2-dev). AFAIK there should be no difference
in the client end, the API hasn't changed. I could be wrong, but
that's the impression I've got from discussions elsewhere (the Linux
Audio Users mailing list or linuxmusicians.com most likely), and the
dependency "libjack-jackd2-0 (>= 1.9.5~dfsg-14) | libjack-0.116" for
the LMMS package points in the same direction.

> Did I explain my problem correctly? If yes, what can I do to compile?
>
> (one of the missing headers is, for example, "soundcard.h")

My Ubuntu 15.10 has 5 of them, from 4 packages:
$ for i in $(locate soundcard.h) ; do dpkg -S $i ;done
linux-libc-dev:amd64: /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h
libc6-dev-i386: /usr/include/sys/soundcard.h
libc6-dev:amd64: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/soundcard.h
linux-headers-4.2.0-16:
/usr/src/linux-headers-4.2.0-16/include/linux/soundcard.h
linux-headers-4.2.0-16:
/usr/src/linux-headers-4.2.0-16/include/uapi/linux/soundcard.h

At least libc6-dev should be pulled in when you install build-essential.

softrabbit on #lmms

Re: Which Jack packs should I have to compile LMMS?

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)
I do have libjack-jackd2-0, so it shouldn't be the problem here.

About the header files, I  don't understand what you're telling me to do, where do I have to write those commands, but I'll now use the build log to list everything that is not found.

[...]
-- Looking for include file sys/soundcard.h
-- Looking for include file sys/soundcard.h - found
-- Looking for include file soundcard.h
-- Looking for include file soundcard.h - not found

[...]
-- Looking for include file process.h
-- Looking for include file process.h - not found

[...] (But these are not needed I think)
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found

[...]
-- checking for module 'carla-standalone>=1.9.5'
--   package 'carla-standalone>=1.9.5' not found
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE

[...]
-- checking for module 'portaudio-2.0'
--   package 'portaudio-2.0' not found
-- checking for module 'libpulse'

[...]
-- Looking for include file machine/soundcard.h
-- Looking for include file machine/soundcard.h - not found
-- Looking for include file linux/awe_voice.h
-- Looking for include file linux/awe_voice.h - not found
-- Looking for include file awe_voice.h
-- Looking for include file awe_voice.h - not found
-- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h
-- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h - not found
-- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h
-- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h - not found

[...]
-- checking for module 'fftw3f>=3.0.0'
--   package 'fftw3f>=3.0.0' not found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:341 (message):
  A required package was not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:395 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  CMakeLists.txt:290 (PKG_CHECK_MODULES)

[...]
-- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

[...]
* PortAudio                   : not found, please install portaudio19-dev (or similiar, version >= 1.9) ;if you require PortAudio support

[...]
* Carla Patchbay & Rack       : not found, please install the latest carla

I'm actually trying to compile Stable first, but I either didn't switch correctly or didn't know that carla was in 1.1

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Raine M. Ekman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Shane Ambler-5
On 29/11/2015 22:17, Roberto Giaconia wrote:
> I do have libjack-jackd2-0, so it shouldn't be the problem here.
>
> About the header files, I  don't understand what you're telling me to do,
> where do I have to write those commands, but I'll now use the build log to
> list everything that is not found.
>
> [...]
> -- Looking for include file sys/soundcard.h
> -- Looking for include file sys/soundcard.h - found

you do have a copy of soundcard.h ^^^

<...>

> -- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h
> -- Looking for include file /usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_voice.h -
> not found

Nothing unusual so far, configure is just working out what you have and
where it is.

> [...]
> -- checking for module 'fftw3f>=3.0.0'
> --   package 'fftw3f>=3.0.0' not found
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:341
> (message):
>    A required package was not found
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:395
> (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
>    CMakeLists.txt:290 (PKG_CHECK_MODULES)

this is breaking the build - you need to install fftw3

> [...]
> -- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

If you want to create a copy of the docs you can install doxygen

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler