Quantcast

fyi forum is used

musikbear
http://lmms.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=102
soon it will be spread - it it ready?

Re: fyi forum is used

Tres Finocchiaro
Yeah, I saw that too.  If he wants to speak to an empty room that's his prerogative.  :)   Feel free to tell him the forums are under constructions so he knows no one will respond to his questions.  (talented composer btw) by

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://lmms.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=102
soon it will be spread - it it ready?

Re: fyi forum is used

Tres Finocchiaro
FYI - I've replaced CAPTCHA with RECAPTCHA on the forums for spam countermeasures.  We've had 5 spam posts in 5 days.

ReCaptcha requires registration, which I've done with the [hidden email] account.

-Tres

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Tres Finocchiaro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah, I saw that too.  If he wants to speak to an empty room that's his prerogative.  :)   Feel free to tell him the forums are under constructions so he knows no one will respond to his questions.  (talented composer btw) by

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://lmms.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=102
soon it will be spread - it it ready?

Re: fyi forum is used

Tres Finocchiaro
Is there a reason you are being vague?

Please work with myself and Lukas prior to making any database changes.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: fyi forum is used

Tres Finocchiaro
You may also have been using phpbb2, we're on 3.  phpbb3's recommended hardening measures include nothing about the database and I'm skeptical as to your hypothetical recommendation in general.

A relational database engine can deny non-local authentication requests but this is default in MySQL.

You an also pre-populate the Banned IP list but this is spoofable and can prevent legitimate registrations from happening.

Please be more specific.  We still need help on the website which I've seen zero commits on.  Do you still plan on helping with the website? :)

Re: fyi forum is used

Jonathan Aquilina
Tres here is the modification i did for my forums at the DB level.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/daropl_antispam/

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks.  The author does not provide a release for 3.0.12.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not use lmms enough to be able to contribute content.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about.  Aside from the front page, everything is just updating what we already have.

Well anyway, its coming along at a good pace.  Here's our commits:

Re: fyi forum is used

musikbear
have you the problem, that if you tray the browser (minimize) then an auto-log-out occour?
winXP firefox31.0
(havent tried toda -btw)

Re: fyi forum is used

Tres Finocchiaro
> have you the problem, that if you tray the browser (minimize) then an auto-log-out occour?

No.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
have you the problem, that if you tray the browser (minimize) then an
auto-log-out occour?
winXP firefox31.0
(havent tried toda -btw)

Re: fyi forum is used

midi-pascal
Here on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with FireFox 31.0: No problem

On 14-08-05 08:39 AM, Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> have you the problem, that if you tray the browser (minimize) then an auto-log-out occour?

No.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
have you the problem, that if you tray the browser (minimize) then an
auto-log-out occour?
winXP firefox31.0
(havent tried toda -btw)

Infragistics Professional
Build stunning WinForms apps today!

Re: fyi forum is used

musikbear
midi-pascal wrote
Here on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with FireFox 31.0: No problem
Correct- it works fine now- good!