Quantcast

tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
By chance i browsed to this
https://soundcloud.com/facingfears/afro-asian-boy-hey-baby-facing-fears-orchestral-arrangement
It also had a 'Buy' option
That option lead to youtube (?) and something completely irrelevant in respect to LMMS

Are there any 'rules' for tracks uploaded to '#LMMS'?
Who have the rights to tracks on #LMMS, and are 'LMMS' aware of (in lack of better word) 'abuse' -eg uploading and or linking to stuff, not related to LMMS at all? ( -Perhaps even offensive or illegal material)

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate)
I can't find the #LMMS tag in that track.
It seems like a remix made by someone who mostly wanted to share the
song itself, linking to it in many ways.

I don't see what's the problem here °-°

As for the #LMMS tag, I don't see how can someone abuse it.

~DeRobyJ

Il 23/05/2015 13:33, musikbear ha scritto:

> By chance i browsed to this
> https://soundcloud.com/facingfears/afro-asian-boy-hey-baby-facing-fears-orchestral-arrangement
> It also had a 'Buy' option
> That option lead to youtube (?) and something completely irrelevant in
> respect to LMMS
>
> Are there any 'rules' for tracks uploaded to '#LMMS'?
> Who /have the rights/ to tracks on #LMMS, and are 'LMMS' aware of (in lack
> of better word) 'abuse' -eg uploading and or linking to stuff, not related
> to LMMS at all? ( -Perhaps even offensive or illegal material)

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

Tres Finocchiaro
@musikBear,

If you see something that you feel should be removed, please notify a moderator of the group.

Roberto is right, the #LMMS tag seems to be gone now (no, we can't and won't prevent or restrict tagging in Soundcloud or in Facebook) but if someone posts something to one of our playlists that is off topic, irrelevant or offensive, we can and will remove it.

We don't know unless they are reported though.  If someone would like to help moderate any of these, we'd love help in that area and we can grant moderation access to those responsible and interested.

-Tres

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 7:42 AM, DeRobyJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't find the #LMMS tag in that track.
It seems like a remix made by someone who mostly wanted to share the
song itself, linking to it in many ways.

I don't see what's the problem here °-°

As for the #LMMS tag, I don't see how can someone abuse it.

~DeRobyJ

Il 23/05/2015 13:33, musikbear ha scritto:
> By chance i browsed to this
> https://soundcloud.com/facingfears/afro-asian-boy-hey-baby-facing-fears-orchestral-arrangement
> It also had a 'Buy' option
> That option lead to youtube (?) and something completely irrelevant in
> respect to LMMS
>
> Are there any 'rules' for tracks uploaded to '#LMMS'?
> Who /have the rights/ to tracks on #LMMS, and are 'LMMS' aware of (in lack
> of better word) 'abuse' -eg uploading and or linking to stuff, not related
> to LMMS at all? ( -Perhaps even offensive or illegal material)

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate) wrote
I can't find the #LMMS tag in that track.
No you misunderstood - this was added to the #LMMS-group

I confused you saying '#' LMMS, i should called it 'LMMS-soundcloud-group' -sorry
So, its not tagged 'LMMS', it is directly uploaded to the group, as you can see

And again
Who have the artistic rights eg 'owns'  tracks on Soundcloud-LMMS-group
Soundcloud?
LMMS?
The uploader?

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 8:04 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
DeRobyJ (giakkaHotmail surrogate) wrote
> I can't find the #LMMS tag in that track.

No you misunderstood - this was added to the #LMMS-group
Nobody misunderstood, you failed to explain it properly and the list was left trying to make sense of it.

<http://linux-multimedia-studio-lmms.996328.n3.nabble.com/file/n11770/Irrgroup.png>
I confused you saying '#' LMMS, i should called it 'LMMS-soundcloud-group'
-sorry
Apology accepted, but you could have avoid all of this by just linking to the soundcloud group.

So, its not /tagged/ 'LMMS', it is directly uploaded /to/ the group, as you
can see
Incorrect again.  it is shared with the group.  Not uploaded.

Who /have the artistic rights/ eg 'owns'  tracks on /Soundcloud-LMMS-group/
Soundcloud?
Hopefuly not.  Read soundcloud's TOS and get back to us on that.

LMMS?
No.  We just share the song.

The uploader?
I'd better hope so.

And again
Who is this question targeted at?

I think the real issue here is the misuse of the "DOWNLOAD" button on soundcloud track.  Take that up with soundcloud.  It's shady business, but we didn't create.

If /anyone/ would like to help 'moderate', please chime in. /RegExp

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear

Of cause i would help, i just dont know soundcloud in depth, or rather at all..
If you think i can do it anywhitch - i will
(thought some peeps already was in charge of the sondcloud-group

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

Tres Finocchiaro
(thought some peeps already was in charge of the /sondcloud-group/

The ones in charge don't necessarily monitor it that closely.  Send us (myself or uros) your soundcloud handle (in this message or another) and we'll set you up as a moderator.

-Tres

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:55 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:

Of cause i would help, i just dont know soundcloud in depth, or rather at
all..
If you think i can do it anywhitch - i will
(thought some peeps already was in charge of the /sondcloud-group/

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
Im 'there' as https://soundcloud.com/musikbear

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

Tres Finocchiaro
@musikBear, done.

Oh, and I'd like to offer a correction... You were right, users do have the ability to upload directly to the group.  From experience this is seldom how it is done, but the feature is available.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:28 AM, musikbear <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tres Finocchiaro wrote
>>  Send us
> (myself or uros) your soundcloud handle (in this message or another) and
> we'll set you up as a moderator.

Im 'there' as https://soundcloud.com/musikbear

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
I hope i can can benefit the group in some ways
Everyone:  -Feel free  to suggest 'things' and most important to chime in, if bad stuff appears in this group, either pr im in our forum, or in soundCloud'  im

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
Looks like i have been removed as moderator, as of today. I have no access to the group, and i do not appear in the list of group moderators. (?)

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

Uroš Maravić
Ok well I restored you back as a moderator. I'm not sure if this is a soundcloud glitch, or someone with access to the service account deliberately removed you. I think its the former, since not many people have access to the service account and also there is no reason to remove you.

If you encounter more problems, please let us know.

-Uroš|Umcaruje

Best regards
Uroš

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
Thanks to you both, but i am already removed again. Could be that there are new rules limiting the numbers of moderators (?)
-But why would they do that..
Well, im not in the list. But thanks for your feedback!
B.r.

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
going from 'strange' to silly :/ Now Umcaruje is also removed ?!
No mail explanation from soundcloud at all to anyone?

..weird

Best regards
Uroš

Re: tracks on soundcloud '#LMMS' any 'rules' ?

musikbear
I have not actively chosen to leave the group afaik. But maybe some error either from sc or me, has led to that. Right now neither you (Umcaruje) or i are listed as mods. I' of cause willing to continue, but there really hasent been anything to 'moderate' -i have only written (i hope) constructive criticism. No spam or bad things has happend, as long as i have looked daily.