Quantcast

translating Mallets

Mariano Macri
Hi everyone!
I'm working on the Spanish translation of LMMS.
There are some instruments in the pop up list of Mallets that I couldn't relate to. I would appreciate some description (maybe a picture!) of these instruments/percusive sounds:

Reso,
Beats (heartbeat??),
Two-Fixed,
Clumps,

I'm familiar with the other instruments in the list as they are all well known (marimba, tubular bells, etc).

Every comment would be appreciated! ☺

Re: translating Mallets

Mariano Macri
Thank you @Oskar
That's just what I needed to know!

Hi everyone!
I'm working on the Spanish translation of LMMS.
There are some instruments in the pop up list of Mallets that I couldn't relate to. I would appreciate some description (maybe a picture!) of these instruments/percusive sounds:

Reso,
Beats (heartbeat??),
Two-Fixed,
Clumps,

Hi Mariano!

I think these names are actually made up by the programmer. It's not really instrument names as much as presets, settings for the internal synth model. Maybe leave these ones untranslated?

Reso i think is short for resounding.
Two-Fixed
- Means there are two fixed tones. Play up and down on the keyboard and you'll notice two tones not changing.

Oskar